The Southwest Ontario Regional Base Hospital Program (SWORBHP) is one of eight Regional Base Hospitals in Ontario (7 land and 1 air), dedicated to medical direction, leadership and advice in the provision of prehospital emergency health care.
In October 2008, SWORBHP
began operation under the leadership of London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC). Today, SWORBHP provides medical oversight to approximately 1400 paramedics (Primary and Advanced Care Paramedics) who serve a population of approximately 1 million people.
SWORBHP’s oversight spans a large and diverse geographical region within Southwest Ontario, while providing leadership, guidance and advice to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) on provincial mandates.
The Paramedic Services under SWORBHP include:
- Bruce County Paramedic Services
- Essex-Windsor EMS
- Grey County Paramedic Services
- Huron County Paramedic Services
- Lambton County EMS
- Medavie EMS Chatham-Kent
- Medavie EMS Elgin Ontario
- Middlesex London Paramedic Service
- Oneida Nation Paramedic Services,
- Oxford County Paramedic Services
- Perth County Paramedic Services
SWORBHP currently has a very active local presence throughout the region with offices in Windsor and London.