- About Us
- Patients, Families & Visitors
- Health Professionals
- Research & Training
- Ways to Give
|About Us||Patients, Families & Visitors||For Health Professionals||Careers||Research & Training||Ways to Give|
Monday, March 31, 2003
The following update is being provided to the media by the London Health Sciences Centre Communication Department. We report the following as of 11 a.m. Monday, March 31:
1. There are NO reported admissions to LHSC with a diagnosis of SARS - suspected or otherwise.
2. Activities and volumes in all three Emergency Departments and in our Critical Care Units were "typical" throughout the weekend.
3. A security guard is posted 24 hours a day in each Emergency Department to screen patients and persons as they present in Emergency. They will ask each person 3 screening questions and then direct people to their appropriate destination or to the triage nurse. These questions are:
4. LHSC is watching what is happening in the GTA in the event that we see an increase in patient transfers from the GTA to London of non-SARS related patients should the situation in the GTA escalate. Again, these transfers will only occur with Emergency Measures Ontario approval and all necessary precautions will be taken during the transfer.
This site will be updated as required. Media representatives are encouraged to continually monitor this site for information.
For further information, please contact:
Nancy Lawrence, Communications Consultant
London Health Sciences Centre
519-685-8500, ext. 77642
After-hours, urgent media calls:
519-685-8500, and ask for Communication Consultant On Call