Win a baby portrait session!
During the months of November and December, purple caps are given to babies at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) for the CLICK for Babies campaign.
The goal is to educate parents and caregivers about the “Period of PURPLE Crying,” a normal but frustrating period of increased crying infants experience in the first few weeks and months after birth.
LHSC is holding a social media photo contest in support of the Period of PURPLE Crying program. All parents of babies who receive a purple cap at LHSC during the months of November and December 2017 can enter!
One contest winner will receive a family or baby portrait session with Rena Christine Photography including 20 fully edited high resolution images on a disc/usb ready for print. Total value of $395; generously provided by Rena Christine Photography .
How to enter
There are three ways to enter the contest. If you enter using all options, your name will be entered into the draw three times:
- Like London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) on Facebook and post a photo of your baby wearing the purple cap. Tag us in your post and include the hashtag #LHSCPurple.
- Follow @LHSCCanada on Twitter and tweet a photo of your baby wearing the purple cap. Tag us in your post and use the hashtag #LHSCPurple.
- Follow @LHSCCanada on Instagram and post a photo of your baby wearing the purple cap. Tag us in your post and use the hashtag #LHSCPurple.
Make sure the photo privacy is set to public so that LHSC can find your photo and submit your entry into the contest draw.
*Each individual may enter only once on each social network (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
*If you already follow LHSC, you simply need to post the photo using the hashtag to enter.
*Submissions will be shared on LHSCs social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to spread awareness and share coping strategies for parents on the Period of PURPLE Crying.
*Contest closes on Sunday, December 31, 2017, at 11:59 pm.
Winner selection and notification
Each time an eligible entry is made for the contest, the name of the individual will be added to a draw. Once the contest has closed, one name will be randomly drawn. The winner will then be contacted by message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The name will also be announced by London Health Sciences Centre on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo credit: Rena Christine Photography
About the Period of PURPLE Crying
The Period of PURPLE Crying is a way for parents to understand their baby’s crying. Education about PURPLE is provided at birth and also provides caregivers with techniques to soothe and cope with a crying baby. The word PURPLE is an acronym which reminds parents in an easy to remember way all of the characteristics of normal infant crying. The letters in PURPLE stand for:
- Peak of crying – The baby may cry more each week, peaking at two months, and then less at three to five months.
- Unexpected – The crying can come and go, with no explanation.
- Resists soothing – The baby might not stop crying no matter what you try.
- Pain-like face – It may look like the baby is in pain, even when they are not.
- Long lasting – The baby might cry 5 hours per day or more.
- Evening – The baby might cry more in the late afternoon or evening.
The campaign is a grassroots public education campaign organized by the National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome (NCSBS) in partnership with hospitals, public health and child abuse prevention groups.
Thank you to the knitters and crocheters from across the region and beyond who donated purple caps in previous years! LHSC appreciates your donation of time, skills and fabric to help spread the message about the Period of PURPLE Crying.
Period of PURPLE Crying initiatives at LHSC are supported by Children’s Health Foundation.
Eligibility and terms
- Deadline for entries is Sunday, December 31, 2017, at 11:59 pm.
- Only photos of purple caps given to the infant at London Health Sciences Centre (Victoria Hospital) in November and December 2017 are eligible for the contest draw.
- The individual posting the photo must the parent or legal guardian of the child in the photograph.
- Each individual may enter only once on each social network (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). A maximum of three images per eligible individual will be considered as an entry into the draw.
- By entering the contest using the methods outlined in the “How to enter” section, you confirm that you understand and consent to all eligibility, terms and other details related to the contest, listed on this webpage at www.lhsc.on.ca/purple.
- The privacy setting for the photo must be set to “Public.” This allows London Heatlh Sciences Centre to find the image so that the post/tweet may be counted towards an entry into the draw.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winner will receive a gift certificate for Rena Christine Photography worth $495. The gift certificate can be redeemed for a family/newborn photo session and 20 fully edited high resolution images on a disc/usb ready for print. Contact details will be provided so that the winner may contact the photographer to book the session. LHSC is not responsible for ensuring the gift certificate is redeemed.
- All photos posted using the hashtag #LHSCPurple may be used by London Health Sciences Centre for public relations purposes, including the organization’s social media accounts, websites and print publications. In addition, any information related to the photo, parent/guardian name and infants name associated with the photo may be used by LHSC.
- Photos taken during the portrait photo session with Rena Christine Photography with the winning entrant will be provided to London Health Sciences Centre to be used for public relations purposes, including the organization’s social media accounts, websites and print publications.
- Published/posted images may be seen, copied or transmitted by members of the general public without authorization of London Health Sciences Centre.
- Images will only be used by LHSC for the purpose identified.
- Individuals will not be compensated for the use of images.
- LHSC reserves the right to amend the contest and/or contest rules at any time.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
For questions, contact LHSCCorporate.Communications@lhsc.on.ca