- About Us
- Patients, Families & Visitors
- Health Professionals
- Research & Training
- Ways to Give
|About Us||Patients, Families & Visitors||For Health Professionals||Careers||Research & Training||Ways to Give|
June 11, 2013
In an effort to reduce missed appointments, improve wait times and enhance patient satisfaction, London Health Sciences Centre's Diagnostic Radiology Dept. is phasing in an automated reminder call system that will remind patients of their scheduled diagnostic imaging appointments.
Beginning June 25, the text-to-voice system will go into effect for MRI patients. Over the next several weeks, it will be expanded to include all scheduled diagnostic imaging appointments at London Health Sciences Centre. The system is also being implemented at St. Joseph's Health Care London.
About 80,000 outpatient diagnostic imaging scans are performed at LHSC every year. Currently, the no-show rate for scheduled appointments is 8 per cent, which significantly impacts efficiency.
How the system works:
* About four days prior to a scheduled diagnostic imaging appointment, the patient will receive an automated reminder call that will let the patient know the date, time and place of the appointment and provide an option to cancel or confirm the appointment.
* If the call goes to voicemail, the system leaves a message that includes the date, time and place of the appointment, and a phone number should the person have questions about the appointment. The system will make two additional attempts to call the patient at a later time.
* If there is no answer and no voicemail, the system will make up to two more attempts to reach a live person.
* If a patient cancels his/her appointment using the system, there is sufficient time to fill the spot.
* Each time a patient arrives for his/her imaging appointment and registers, they will be asked if they want to opt out of the reminder call system or change their preferred phone number for future appointments.
Patients wishing to opt out of the reminder call service are asked to call 519-685-8500 Ext. 32996 to arrange this. Questions about the system can be directed to Angela Grundy, RIS/PACS Specialist, Medical Imaging, ext 55044.