Satellite Organizations are rural, remote acute care centres that experience challenges when recruiting nursing staff.
Role of the Satellite Organization
- Hire ONWA nurse for a minimum term of 90 days and a maximum term of 364 days.
- Allow the OWNA nurse to apply for posted staff vacancies, as available.
- Provide and pay for accommodation costs of ONWA nurse. Phone, internet and distance to work should be readily accessible. Travel and accommodations is arranged directly between the ONWA nurse and the receiving organization after the terms have been set, as per agreement with the Hub Organization.
- Pay travel expenses for the OWNA nurse.
- Forecast nursing recruitment needs using the Health Human Resources (HHR) Talent Forecasting Report.