Day Treatment Services
Day Treatment Service (DTS):
- The DTS involves intensive group based treatment for those who suffer from eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and eating disorders not otherwise specified. The DTS can be accessed by residents of Ontario who are prepared to reside in the London area during treatment.
- Those attending the DTS work with a multidisciplinary team and participate in a wide range of group programming, following a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach. The aim of treatment is to normalize eating, reduce and stop eating disorder related behaviours, facilitate weight restoration as needed, and to improve participants’ quality of life.
What to expect:
- Recovery involves behavioural change: eating complete meals, discontinuing excessive exercise, and interrupting other eating disordered behaviours as necessary. The recovery process requires you to engage in normalized eating and address thoughts and behaviours that are keeping the eating disorder going. The DTS is designed to support both behavioural and psychological change as they are both required to make significant and lasting change.
- A typical day includes therapy groups and a staff supported lunch, snack, and dinner (the DTS schedule will be provided). Treatment is typically 8 to 12 weeks, although many factors may determine your treatment length. On non-program days, there is an expectation that the meal and activity plan developed with the team is followed and individual therapeutic goals are pursued (nutritional therapy guidelines and menu expectations will be provided). The DTS weekly program hours are listed below. A more detailed schedule will be provided at orientation.
Day Treatment Weekly Schedule:
||10:30am – 6:15pm
||11:00am – 6:15pm
||11:30am – 6:15pm
||11:30am – 6:15pm
||11:00am – 4:30pm
- We are an OHIP funded service, which means treatment services are at no cost to you. Part of DTS programming involves social food outings once a month. Patients cover the cost of their own meals which will be approximately $25-30 a month. If you identify this as a potential barrier, please speak with one of our team members.