Eating Disorder Residence
Eating Disorder Residence (ED Res):
- The Adult Eating Disorder Service is in a partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) to provide residential treatment.
- The ED Res provides 24-hour care to individuals attending the Day Treatment Service (DTS). The ED Res collaborates with the DTS team to support patients with their therapeutic goals. Patients length of stay in the residence is determined in collaboration with the patient and the DTS team and is typically between 4 and 6 weeks.
- The residence is in a community based location and can accommodate up to 8 residents.
What to Expect:
- With the assistance of the CMHA Mental Health Workers, residents of the ED Res are responsible for fulfilling expectations related to community living while actively working on their personal treatment goals.
- Upon admission, staff will orient the patient to the expectations of the residence.
- We are an OHIP funded service, however, personal hygiene items are not provided. There may also be some added costs for social outings. Accommodations can be made if necessary.