- The Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has an on-line guide that illustrates the many services and resources available to help patients and families with cystic fibrosis.
- Part Two of the guide “Federal Resources” includes information on the following:
- CPP Disability
- Disability Tax Credit
- The Child Disability Benefit
- Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Medical Expenses Tax Credit
- Working Income Tax Benefit
- Caregiver amount
- Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax exemptions
- Educational Awards- Scholarships and Bursaries
- Web based National Services and Resources
- Part Three of the guide “ Provincial Services and Resources – Ontario” includes information on the following:
- Ontario CF clinics
- Trillium Drug Program
- Ontario Drug Benefit Program
- Assisted Devices Program
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
Other programs not listed in this guide:
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Special Diet Allowance
Adults who receive government disability assistance may be able to receive additional financial support through 'Special Diet Allowance'. The 'Application for Special Diet Allowance' can be obtained from your government disability assistance case worker. Bring this form to your CF clinic visit or to your CF nurse case manager. The CF team physician or dietitian can complete the form and submit it to your Ministry of Community and Social Services branch. This type of funding can be temporary or permanent.
For more information contact your CF nurse case manager.