When it is time to leave the hospital, there will be many things to consider and your health care team will help you get ready to go home.
After Hospital Care
- Any prescriptions and/or follow up appointments will be given to you on the day you leave the hospital.
- At Children’s Hospital you may take your prescription to:
- The Pharmacy Prescription Centre, located at A2-400.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Prescription Centre, located at the entrance of the B1 North Tower.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 9 a.m.to 12 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and statutory holidays
- If you need more care, your health care team will work together with you and community partners to make sure that your health care needs will be taken care of when you leave the hospital (e.g. Community Care Access Centre, visiting nurse, physiotherapy, home oxygen, etc.).
Once you have been told you can go home, you will need to arrange for transportation. If you are unable to make transportation arrangements, please let the nursing staff know as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for making sure that all your belongings have been collected before you leave the hospital. If you forget something, immediately call the unit where you were receiving care.
- Please remember to take any medications or valuables, which may have been secured in the Business Office, Room D3-400. If you are going home on a Saturday or Sunday, please arrange to get your valuables from the Business Office through the nursing staff on your floor.
- Valuable items left behind will be held at Security Services for 90 days. Security Services can be reached at 519-685-8500 x 52281
- Some supplies and devices are not covered by OHIP, such as canes, crutches, neck collars, dressings and surgical supplies. These items will need to be paid for at the Business Office, Room D3-400 before you leave. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- If payment is not made within 15 days, an invoice will be sent and a $10 minimum amount billed. Note: Crutches are not returnable.