Do We Share Your Information with Anyone?
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) is partnered with organizations in Southwest Ontario to provide you with health care using shared electronic patient record systems. See Frequently asked questions for more information on our partnerships across Southwest Ontario.
See the web site for the Regional Shared Service (RSS) and the RSS Privacy Page for more information on our partnerships across Southwest Ontario and how your information is protected.
LHSC shares your health information with:
- health care providers at other hospitals, health care agencies, nursing homes, etc., who become part of your health care team for the purpose of your continuing care. Examples include:
- your Family Physician
- CCAC when you require their follow up care in the community. Also, we notify CCAC when one of their current clients is admitted for emergency care in our hospital.
- agencies that pay for health services, such as OHIP, health insurance companies, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and the Ministry of Health
- individuals who contact the organization to inquire about you. Unless you request otherwise, we may confirm that you are a patient, your room number and a general, high level condition report
- provincial networks and registries, e.g. Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), Electronic Child Health Network (eCHN), Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS).
- the hospital’s Foundation. Unless you request otherwise, we may share your name and address for the purpose of fundraising for the hospital.
- other healthcare providers to continue to care for you. This includes healthcare providers at other organizations who can view your information through shared electronic systems/databases to continue to care for you.