October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2021
Application Deadline: January 2, 2019
An Internationally Sponsored Clinical Fellow has their salary and tuition funded by a sponsoring agency in their home country. The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University currently has contractual agreements with the following sponsoring agencies:
- Bahrain Defence Force Royal Medical Services - Bahrain
- Embassy of the State of Kuwait - Kuwait
- Oman Medical Specialty Board - Oman
- Hamad Medical Corporation - Qatar
- Sidra Medical and Research Centre - Qatar
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau - Saudi Arabia
- Aramco Services Company - Saudi Arabia
- Jaffna Health Foundation - Sri Lanka
- Embassy of the United Arab Emirates - Cultural Division - UAE
- The Republic of Yemen & the Hadhramaut Establishment for Human Development - Yemen
If you are supported by one of the above-mentioned sponsors, you may submit an application by email to the Thoracic Surgery Program Administrator, Deb Lewis email@example.com .
Your email MUST include the following documents:
You will be notified by email if you have or have not been selected for an interview following application review.
You may be asked to complete a 6 week Elective prior to final candidate selection. This will allow candidates an oppportunity to participate in the training program, learn what will be expected, and also allow the program to evaluate the candidate for suitability as a potential trainee. Applicants MUST currently be in a General Surgery training program in order to qualify for licensure during an elective. If you have completed General Surgery training, you are not eligible for an elective. Note that it can take approximately 6 months to fully process your application for an elective or for a training position.