December 8, 2006
Tommasina Conte, Communications Consultant
Corporate Communications & Public Relations, LHSC
(519) 685-8500, ext. 77062, Pager 17062
LHSC Emergency departments open, some outpatient clinics cancelled
(LONDON, Ontario) - London Health Sciences Centre emergency departments at Victoria Hospital and University Hospital are operating normally today. Some outpatient clinics remain open for those able to make their appointment.
LHSC University Hospital is experiencing reduced operating room capacity following a loss of steam power yesterday, which interrupted sterile processing at the site. University Hospital will assess its operating room capacity for Monday, December 11 and advise if any further delays are required. Surgeries are proceeding as scheduled at LHSC Victoria Hospital.
Patients who are affected by cancellations will be contacted directly by their physician’s office.
- London Regional Cancer Program is treating only emergency patients. All other appointments are cancelled
- Adult Ambulatory Mental Health Services outpatient services are cancelled
- The Victoria Family Medical Centre and the Byron Family Medical Centre are closed
- Occupational Therapy clinics are cancelled at both Victoria Hospital and University Hospital
- The Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic is closed
- The Nephrology Clinic at Victoria Hospital is closed
Patients who are unable to make their appointments because of the weather conditions should contact their physician’s office.
Call LHSC Switchboard at (519) 685-8500 and ask to page the communication consultant on-call