LHSC is looking to honour staff, physicians and volunteers whose demonstration of our values have made a significant difference to the lives of members of the staff in our hospital.
Compassion, Teamwork, Curiosity and Accountability
- Engages others with kindness, sensitivity and respect.
- Listens carefully to the needs of our patients and families in every interaction.
- Respects and values differences such as culture, gender identity, faith, sexual orientation, ethnicity and age, to drive a culture of inclusion.
- Seeks and understands the perspectives of those with whom they work in order to serve and support them as valuable members of the team.
- Works together to serve others.
- Holds all those with whom they work as valued and trusted members of the team regardless of position, experience, or title.
- Functions effectively as part of one team committed to the needs of patients, their families, and one another.
- Celebrates the successes of others and support those on their team who are in need.
- Respects the perspectives and roles of others within and outside LHSC in order to foster open and transparent dialogue.
- Demonstrates a desire to gain knowledge through questioning and exploration.
- Gives themselves and others permission to question, and a freedom to explore and pursue new ways of achieving excellence.
- Respectfully challenges traditional thinking and encourages experimentation.
- Listens without judgment.
- Open to others bringing important and valuable perspectives to a situation.
- Fosters and values a learning culture and environment.
- Adheres to the highest standards of personal, professional and corporate responsibility.
- Accepts responsibility for decisions, actions and the outcomes expected of them.
- Pursues better ways to provide the highest quality of care and services.
- Acts as responsible steward of all resources.
- Creates a safe environment for everyone in our organization.
- Works with great integrity, ethics and professional standards.
In addition, the nominee:
- Holds others accountable for living the core values.
- Demonstrates the ability to inspire others to live the values.
- Advances the core values through formal or informal leadership.
All staff, physicians and volunteers of LHSC, Lawson Health Research Institute (on LHSC payroll), London Health Sciences Foundation and Children's Health Foundation with at least one year of continuous service are eligible for this award.
(Note - letters must be different and unique of each other)