Friday, June 3, 2005
London Health Sciences Centre corporate identity changing
New site names and logo being unveiled
(LONDON, Ontario) - London Health Sciences Centre and London Health Sciences Foundation unveiled new site names and visual identity to the community today. Effective immediately:
South Street Campus changes to SOUTH STREET HOSPITAL
Victoria or Westminster Campus changes to VICTORIA HOSPITAL
University Campus changes to UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
LHSC and London Health Sciences Foundation will use the same logo. Using the same logo will help people identify the relationship between the hospital and the Foundation, which is especially important to support the Foundation's fundraising efforts.
Why these changes:
- It's been 10 years since the creation of LHSC. People are still confused about the campus names. This results in patients sometimes arriving at the wrong sites for appointments.
- People both inside and outside the organization have used a variety of names and logos for our sites and programs, much to the confusion of patients, their families and visitors.
- Simplifying the names of our sites has become a clear priority for patient safety. In a telephone survey with London adults, only two per cent could correctly name all three LHSC sites.
- With the Milestone 1 program moves upon us, clearly and consistently directing patients to the right locations is extremely important.
- Signage, which is the most significant cost to these changes, is funded through restructuring as part of the wayfinding project. So, changes to our site names and the visual identity will be part and parcel of that project. Hospital signs are changing both inside and outside as part of the wayfinding project. Signage, which is the most significant cost, is funded through restructuring.
For further information, please contact:
London Health Sciences Centre
519-685-8500, ext. 77642
Director, Communications and Marketing
London Health Sciences Foundation