All patients, care partners and visitors are required to wear masks inside the hospital. LHSC care teams accommodate patients exempt from masking on an individual basis. Please contact your care team in advance if you require accommodation.
While visiting hours are not part of the current Care Partner policy, there are many patient and unit specific considerations when planning your visit. Check in with the patient or the unit prior to coming to the hospital.
Although being fully vaccinated/boosted is highly recommended, care partners are not required to provide proof of vaccination (universal masking and hand hygiene are still expected).
Patients, care partners and visitors coming to LHSC must self-screen to keep our patients, care partners, staff, physicians, and visitors safe. Signage is posted at limited entrances (University Hospital and Victoria Hospital) to ask you the following questions:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Reduced or absent sense of taste or smell
- Are you feeling generally unwell?
- Have you recently (within the last 10 days) tested positive for COVID-19?
- Are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- Were you in close contact with a COVID-19 positive person within the last 10 days?
Are you currently in quarantine as required by the federal government?
If you are a patient who answered 'yes' to any of these questions, please advise your care team on arrival at your destination within the hospital. If you are a visitor who answered 'yes' to any of these questions, we ask that you please return at another time. Care partners and visitors should review information on the Visitor Policy.