New to the Virtual Visits Program is “Request a Letter to a Loved One.” Families and loved ones of LHSC patients can request that a written letter and digital photos be formatted and delivered to the patient at bedside. We hope that this offers another opportunity to communicate with loved ones during this difficult time.
Any submitted messages will be formatted and forwarded to the clinical units by the Virtual Visits Program Coordinator within 2 business days. Due to the limitations of our staff, we ask that you submit no more than 2 letters per week.
Please send your letter to the Virtual Visits Program Coordinator at email@example.com with the subject line “Letter to a Loved One.”
To submit your letter, please:
- Include the patient’s first and last name, clinical unit and room number (if known) and date of birth,
- Include your name, contact number and relationship with the patient,
- List any specific requirements for the formatting of the letter (i.e. large font, bold print),
- Include all written text and attached digital images as a JPEG or PNG file,
- Limit your letter to 2 pages (8 ½ X 11) including any digital images.
Once you have submitted your letter, the Virtual Visits Program Coordinator will contact you via email to confirm your submission. Any questions can be forwarded to the Virtual Visits Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be answered within 2 business days.