If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, the Middlesex-London Health Unit recommends you self-isolate and take one of the following steps:
- Use this COVID-19 Self-Assessment for Middlesex and London (only accessible in Chrome),
- contact your health-care provider, or,
- consider visiting a COVID-19 Assessment Centre in London.
Anyone with severe respiratory illness, or a medical emergency should go to hospital.
Signs of severe respiratory illness include:
• Shortness of breath/unable to catch your breath
• Severe fever that does not come down with Tylenol/acetaminophen
• Energy so low that you are physically unable to get out of bed or barely able and must rest again immediately
Additional Health Resources:
- Non-emergency medical assistance: First call your family doctor, nurse practitioner or their on-call service. If not available, consider visiting a walk-in clinic or urgent care centre.
- Health-related advice from a Registered Nurse 24/7: Call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
- Serious medical injuries and conditions: Call 911 or go to an Emergency Department.