If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, the Middlesex-London Health Unit recommends:
- Use this Self Assessment Tool (only accessible in Chrome)
- Call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 for a telephone assessment if you have symptoms that include fever and/or cough AND any of the following within 14 days prior to the onset of illness:
- Travel outside of Canada
- Close contact with a confirmed or probable case
- Close contact with a person with Acute Respiratory Illness, who has been to an affected area
- If you are not able to assess your symptoms, consider visiting a COVID-19 Assessment Centre for further information.
Anyone with severe respiratory illness, or a medical emergency should go to hospital.
Signs of severe respiratory illness include:
• Shortness of breath/unable to catch your breath
• Severe fever that does not come down with Tylenol/acetaminophen
• Energy so low that you are physically unable to get out of bed or barely able and must rest again immediately
Additional Health Resources:
- Non-emergency medical assistance: First call your family doctor, nurse practitioner or their on-call service. If not available, consider visiting a walk-in clinic or urgent care centre.
- Health-related advice from a Registered Nurse 24/7: Call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
- Serious medical injuries and conditions: Call 911 or go to an Emergency Department.