The general genetics clinic provides assessment and genetic counseling for:
- Infants/children with birth defects and/or developmental delay
- Individuals affected with or with a family history of a known or potential genetic disease
- Individuals affected with or with a family history of:
- Single gene diseases
- Polygenic and multifactorial conditions
- Chromosomal abnormalities, numerical or structural
- Birth defects of unknown cause
- Non-pregnant women who are planning a pregnancy and are over the age of 35
- Couples who are consanguineous (related by blood) and are planning a pregnancy
- Couples who are not pregnant and have experienced three or more recurrent spontaneous miscarriages, where major gynecological or obstetrical causes have been excluded
Geneticists are also available for in-hospital consultations at London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care, London. An outreach clinic is also located in Windsor.
To make an outpatient referral, please complete the referral form below and fax it along with the following information to (519) 685-8214:
- London-Windsor Referral Form
- Reason for referral
- Relevant documentation including consultations, notes and assessments
- Results of any investigations performed to date
Patients will be sent the forms below to complete. Upon receipt of the completed questionnaires an appointment will be scheduled.
We ask that the completed questionnaires be returned to our office within 1 month. If the questionnaires are not returned within 3 months, the referral will not be processed.
Please inform our office if the patient is experiencing difficulty or is unable to complete these questionnaires and we can make alternate arrangements.
We welcome physician inquiries at (519) 685-8140
Neurofibromatosis Clinic Referral Form (pdf)
Maps & Directions
The Medical Genetics Program of Southwestern Ontario is located at:
London Health Sciences Centre
Zone B, Level 5 (North Tower)
800 Commissioners Road East
The Windsor outreach clinic is located at:
John McGivney Children's Centre
3945 Machette Road
Tel: 519-252-7281 Ext 350
For driving directions to Victoria Hospital and a detailed site map, please visit the corporate section for maps and directions.