December 30, 2021
Effective December 31at midnight, all non-essential care partner visits at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) will be paused due to the current stage of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The additional safety measures will limit the number of people present, depending on the situation. In most cases, only one essential care partner will be able to visit at any one time. Exceptions to this include inpatients in Children’s Hospital and those in palliative care. More information on these changes can be found on our website.
- Non-essential visits are paused until further notice
- One essential visitor is permitted at any one time
- Two essential visitors are permitted for inpatients in Children’s Hospital and for those in palliative care
- Essential visitors include those supporting labouring women, parents of children, and relatives of those in palliative care
- Patients are encouraged to work with their health care teams to identify essential care partners who can visit based on safety, ability to support care delivery, or compassionate reasons
- Parents visiting children are encouraged to make care arrangements for other children or siblings before visiting as they may not be permitted in some clinical areas