What to Bring:
- Your Ontario Health Card (or equivalent) to every visit
- Supplementary insurance information (if you have extra coverage)
- London Health Sciences Centre hospital card (if you have one)
- CareWish (i.e. Advanced Directive for Personal Care, Living Will etc.) document if one is written
- Personal toiletries (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, brush, feminine hygiene products, shaving supplies, facial tissue, soap, shampoo, denture cup, hearing aid batteries, sleepwear, and slippers)
- Electric razor (may be used if plugged into appropriate outlet)
- Eyeglasses and other aids such as walkers if required
- All medications you are currently taking, or a list of the medications along with your Pharmacy’s phone number, including non prescription medications or over-the-counter medication. This may include herbal products, creams, and tea preparations
- Inexpensive watch or battery-operated clock
- Small amount of money for incidentals (e.g. newspaper, TV rental, snacks)
- Headphones if renting television
London Health Sciences Centre cannot assume responsibility for money, valuables or clothing kept in your room or on your person.
What Not to Bring:
- Valuables (e.g. jewellery, credit cards, money) should be left at home. If they are brought to the hospital and cannot be sent home with family or friends, valuables should be deposited in the Business Office for safekeeping. You can pick-up your valuables from the Business Office between 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. No service between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Electrical appliances (in accordance with hospital electrical and fire safety standards). The use of your own electrical appliances, except electric razors, is forbidden within the hospital. A hair dryer may be requested from nursing staff
- Perfumes and other fragrances Scented products can cause allergic reactions and respiratory distress for other patients, visitors and staff. Please do not use any scented products, such as perfume, cologne, aftershave, or richly scented body sprays, lotions, or powders, hair sprays, gels, mousse, hair conditioners or shampoos, or deodorants/anti-perspirants during your stay at LHSC, and ask your visitors to do the same
- Latex balloons are forbidden due to the increasing number of latex allergies
Pets are not permitted at LHSC. Seeing eye dogs and hearing dogs are an exception.