The information we collect from you is used:
- To provide you with quality health care in our hospital and to share with those providing you care outside the hospital, e.g. your family physician, CCAC for your ongoing care in the community.
- To review the care we provide to help us improve.
- To survey patients to see how well we are doing.
- For our patient directory so that we can provide your location in the hospital should your friends or family contact us and ask for you by name.
- As required or permitted by law and to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- For fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide you with the most modern health care services.
- For health research to make us the best we can be and to help develop new treatment and technologies for the future.
- To educate and keep current health care providers up to date and to train new health care providers for the future.
- For health system planning.
- To send appointment reminders to patients via telephone or by mail.
If your information were to be used for any other purpose, your specific permission would be required first.