Speech-Language Pathologist, Victoria Hospital
- BA. (Hons.) Speech and Language Science – Brock University
- MA. Speech-Language Pathology – Central Michigan University
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Critical Care Trauma Centre
Professional Interest Area:
- Assessment, intervention and education of swallowing, and communication disorders in the oncology population, in particular, those patients who have head and neck cancer
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Co-chair: Interdisciplinary Nutrition Committee
- Clinical Educator – Western University, London, ON
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) Mentor
- Trained in use of Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) (2012)
- Trained in use of standardized Modified Barium Swallow study analysis (MBSImp) (2013)
- Best Practices in Videofluoroscopic Swallowing Assessment and Dysphagia Rehabilitation: A Course for Speech-Language Pathologists (2011)
- Dysphagia Research Society Annual Conference (2012)
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association Annual Conference (2014)
- Supporting the Communication Needs of Medically Fragile Patients: How Patient-Centered Care Reflects Systems Thinking. Thouless, K., Barrett, E and Bandur, D.,
ASHA “Science. Learning. Practice. Generations of discovery”. Annual Conference. Orlando Florida. November 22, 2014.
- iPads at the Bedside Enhancing the Patient Experience. Thouless, K. and Barrett, E. South Western Ontario Stoke Network – Speech-Language Pathologist Stroke Network Meeting. London, Ontario. October 1, 2015.
- “Let’s Get Talking”: Enhancing Patient-Provider Communication. Thouless, K., Barrett, E and Bandur, D. Poster accepted for the 2015 Institute for Healthcare Improvement annual conference.
- Let’s Get Talking: iPads enhancing patient communication. Thouless, K., Barrett, E and Bandur, D. Canadian Patient Safety Week, London Health Sciences Centre, London Ontario. October 28th, 2015.
- Evaluating the Impact of Speech-Language Pathology Intervention on Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. Dreyer, C., Hawkins, S., Thouless, K. and Theurer, J. Poster. Dysphagia Research Society Annual Conference. February 23rd, 2016.
800 Commissioners Road East, P.O. Box 5010
London, ON Canada N6A 5W9
519-685-8500, ext. 58435