Mission & Goals
Clinical Nutrition at London Health Sciences Centre is committed to the
provision of optimal nutrition care for our patients, their families and the
community. We apply the highest standards of clinical care, education
and research for the advancement of dietetic practice in the patient and family centered model of care.
The practice of dietetics and nutrition by Registered Dietitians at London Health Sciences Centre involves the translation and application of the scientific knowledge of foods and human nutrition towards the attainment, maintenance, and promotion of the health of individuals and groups. We adhere to provincial and federal standards of practice, legislation and conduct as mandated by the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
We are committed to:
- providing safe quality nutrition care and education for our patients in the processes of illness, recovery and the promotion of health and wellness and quality of life.
pursuing excellence of service, innovation and the advancement of the profession through scholarly study, evidenced informed practice, research and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- providing leadership to advocate for and promote optimal nutrition care for patients, as integral members of the interprofessional team.
- providing nutrition education to students, health professionals and the community.
- supporting the recruitment and training of dietetic interns into the profession to meet entry level competencies for dietetic practice.
- ensuring that clinical nutrition plays an integral role in program planning and policy development at the London Health Sciences Centre.
- promoting and strengthening partnerships and continuity of care by networking with the c