The Patient Relations Office is responsible for managing and overseeing the organization’s patient relations process and ensuring that procedures are in place to meet the legislated requirements.
The 2010 Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA) requires that all Ontario hospitals have a patient relations process and that they make information about that process available to the public.
The goal of Patient Relations is to enhance the overall quality of care at London Health Sciences Centre.
The Patient Relations Team helps patients, families and caregivers by:
- Addressing concerns and complaints in a supportive and respectful environment.
- Facilitating communication between patients, family and the appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Answering questions relating to services, policies and procedures.
- Implementing suggestions that serve to improve the service, policies and procedures.
- Receiving and sharing compliments with all members of the healthcare team and administration;
- Helping to navigate how to access hospital services.
LHSC's Patient Relations Specialists are available to assist patients and families with access to and knowledge of their rights and responsibilities. The Patient Relations Specialists will facilitate a response to, complaints and concerns to achieve a reasonable outcome between the patient/family and the healthcare team.
The Patient Relations Specialist can be contacted by:
Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 58230
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please Note: The Patient Relations office is unavailable on weekends or statutory holidays. If your concern is urgent, please contact your care team directly.