The LHSC Patient Experience Team believes best care experiences are created together. Listening to the voices of our patients and care partners is central to achieving this vision. A Care Partner is different from a social visitor or a paid support worker. Most often, they are family members, close friends, or community partners who know the patient’s health history, lifestyle and personal values. Frequently they provide physical, emotional or other supports to patients.
We want to hear from you and we invite you to share your experience. Feedback in the form of complaints, compliments and suggestions helps us to understand what we are doing well and what opportunities we have to improve.
Do you have feedback about your care at London Health Sciences Centre? We are here to help.
Our team of Patient Relations Specialists are available Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to support our patients with sharing their feedback including concerns, complaints, and compliments about care. They will work with you and the hospital team to address your concern.
If you wish to have a support person such as a family member, friend, or Patient Navigator with you throughout the process, let us know. We will require patient consent to include them.
All feedback is confidential.
We will talk with you first, then with your consent, support a plan to address your concern.
What you can expect from us:
- We will address your concerns and complaints in a supportive and respectful environment.
- We will facilitate communication between you and the care team.
- We will answer your questions related to LHSC services, policies and procedures.
- We will receive and share your compliments with all members of the patient care team and administration.
- We will help you understand how to access LHSC services.
- We will share your suggestions with leadership about how to improve care at LHSC.
Before contacting Patient Relations, please reach out directly to the care team with your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, contact Patient Relations. We will work with you and the patient care team to facilitate communication towards a fair resolution.
Can I speak with Patient Relations even if I’m not a patient?
We can receive feedback from anyone. However, we require the consent of the patient, or their substitute decision maker, to address complaints with someone else on the patient’s behalf.
The Patient Relations Specialists can be contacted by:
When contacting our office, please provide the following information:
- The patient’s name, date of birth, and location of concern, for example, Victoria Hospital.
- If you are not the patient, please provide your name, the reason you are contacting Patient Relations and your contact information including your telephone number and/or email.
Please Note: Please note that the Patient Relations office is not open on weekends or statutory holidays. If your concern is urgent, please contact your care team directly.
Patient Relations Contact Form:
Interpretation and Translation services are available if English or French is not your preferred language. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to support interpretation-translation services.