|About Us||Patients, Families & Visitors||For Health Professionals||Careers||Research & Training||Ways to Give|
Dr. Prasad joined the Children's Hospital of Western Ontario (CHWO) in 2003 and is appointed to the University of Western Ontario (UWO) as an Associate Professor.
She earned her Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in 1982 from the Christian Medical College in India. In 1986 she earned her Doctor of Medicine degree in paediatrics from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh India. Dr. Prasad pursued paediatric residency training at Memorial University in Newfoundland and fellowship training in clinical genetics and metabolism at the Children's Hospital of Boston within the Harvard Medical School.
She has an extensive list of publications in peer reviewed journals, is recognized for her work nationally and internationally in the field of genetics and inborn error of metabolism. She is Board certified in clinical and biochemical genetics, and is a Fellow of the Canadian College of Medical Genetics.
She is currently Director of Clinical Metabolic Services, Children’s Hospital London Health Sciences Centre, London Ontario Canada
PUBLICATIONS (Published Refereed Papers)
1. Saxena C, et al. Bizarre Trichobezoars. Indian Pediatrics. 1986;23(9):734 737.
2. Chandra R K., Prasad C. Food allergy; diagnosis and strategies for prevention. In: Beitr Infusionther. Karger. Basel; 1991;27:142 151.
3. Bryant DG, Prasad C. Effects of beta-carotene on lymphocyte populations in human subjects. Letter to the Editor. Am J Clin Nutr 1991;54(2):432 433.
4. Prasad C. Atherosclerosis; a pediatric problem?. Editorial Nutrition Research. 1991;11:1
5. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Non hematological manifestations of iron deficiency. Prog in Food and Nutrition Science 1991;15(4):255 283.
6. Prasad C, Quackenbush E J, Whiteman D, and Korf B. Limb Anomalies in DiGeorge and CHARGE syndromes. Am J Med Genet. 1997;68:179-181.
7. Prasad C, and Wagstaff J. Genotype and phenotype in Angelman syndrome caused by paternal UPD 15. Letter to the Editor. Am J Med Genet. 1997;70:328-329.
8. Prasad C, Connolly-Wilson M, and Rosales TO. Vertebral and Eye anomalies, Cutis aplasia and Short stature (VECS):a new syndrome? American Journal of Medical Genetics 1998;77:225-227.
9. C Prasad, C Pushpanathan, Morris R, Davis A J, and Dougherty F E. Spectrum of phenotypic variability in Niemann-Pick type C disease: a cause for delayed diagnosis. Pediatrics and Child Health 1998;3(5):329-33.
10. Garland J, Prasad A, Vardy C, and Prasad C. Homocystinuria: Challenges in Diagnosis and Management. Pediatrics and Child Health 1999;4(8):557-561.
11. Prasad C, Prasad AN, Chodirker BN, Lee C, Dawson AK, Jocelyn L J, and Chudley A E. Genetic evaluation of pervasive developmental disorders; the terminal 22q13 deletion syndrome may represent a recognizable phenotype. Clinical Genetics 2000;57:103-109.
12. Prasad AN, Prasad C, Stafstrom CE. Recent advances in the genetics of epilepsy: insights from human and animal studies. Epilepsia. 1999 Oct;40 (10):1329-52.
13. Prasad C, Cramer BC, Pushpanathan C, Crowley MC and Ives EJ. Kyphomelic Dysplasia: A Rare Form of Semilethal Skeletal Dysplasia. Clinical Genetics 2000;58:390-395.
14. Sudha T, Dawson AJ, Prasad AN, Konkin D, deGroot GW and Prasad C. De novo interstitial long arm deletion of chromosome 3 with facial dysmorphism, Dandy-Walker variant malformation and hydrocephalus. Clin Dysmorphol. 2001 Jul;10(3):193-196.
15. Prasad C, Johnson JP, Bonnefont JP, Dilling LA, Innes AM, Haworth JC, Beischel L, Thuillier L, Prip-Buus C, Singal R, Thompson JRG, Prasad AN, Buist N and Greenberg CR. Hepatic Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase1 (CPT1 A) Deficiency in North American Hutterites (Canadian and American): Evidence for a Founder Effect and Results of a Pilot Study on a DNA Based Newborn Screening Program. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism 2001;73;55-63.
16. Prip-Buus C, Thuillier L, Abadi N, Prasad C, Dilling L, Klasing J, Demaugre F, Greenberg CR, Haworth JC, Droin V, Kadhom N, Gobin S, Kamoun P, Girard J, Bonnefont JP. Molecular and enzymatic characterization of a unique carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1a mutation in the hutterite community. Mol Genet Metab. 2001 May;73(1):46-54.
17. Prasad C, Marles S, Prasad AN, Nikkel S, Longstaffe S, Peabody D, Eng B, Wright S, Waye J S and Nowaczyk MJM. Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome: A New Mutation with a Mild Phenotype. Am J Med Genet 2002; 108:64-68.
18. Greenberg CE, Prasad AN, Dilling LA, Thompson JRG, Haworth JC, Martin, B, Wood Steimann P, Seargeant LE, Seifert B, Booth FA, Prasad C. Outcome of the first three years of a DNA based neonatal screening programme for Glutaric Acidemia Type 1 in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, Canada. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 2002;75:70-78.
19. Benoit T, Bowes C, Bowman N, Cantin D, Chudley A, Crolly D, Livingston A, Longstaffe S, Miller C, Millar M, Prasad C, Riguidel J, Wincott L. Telemedicine diagnosis for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome-The Manitoba Experience. Pediatrics and Child Health 2002;7(3):147-151.
20. Levy HL, Vargas JE, Waisbren SE, Kurczynski TW, Roeder ER., Schwarz RS, Rosengren S, Prasad C, Greenberg CR., Gilfix BM, Macgregor D, Shih VE, Bao L, Kraus JP. Reproductive fitness in maternal homocystinuria due to cystathionine -synthase deficiency. J Inherited Metabolic Disease 2002;25:299-314
21. Choy F, Vaags A, Wong K, Macgregor D, Fernandez B and Prasad C. Identification of two novel mutations (L105R and C342R) in type 1 Gaucher disease. Clin Genet 2002 Mar;61(3):229-31.
22. Prasad C and Chudley AE. IMAGES IN GENETICS. History of Genetics Through Philately—Sir William Osler (1849-1919) and The Osler-Weber-Rendu Syndrome. Clinical Genetics 2002;61:404-407.
23. A. Micheil Innes, Mary M. Seshia, MB,Ch, Chitra Prasad, Saif Al Saif, Frank Friesen, Albert E. Chudley, Martin Reed, Louise Dilling, ART, James C. Haworth, and Cheryl R. Greenberg. Congenital rickets caused by maternal vitamin D deficiency. A report of 4 cases. Pediatrics and Child health 2002;7(7):455-458.
24. Dawson AJ, Putnam S, Schultz J, Riordan D, Prasad C, Greenberg CR, Chodirker BN, Mhanni AA, Chudley AE. Cryptic chromosome rearrangements detected by subtelomeric assay in patients with mental retardation and dysmorphic features. Clinical Genetics 2002;62:488-494.
25. Sanders SR, Dawson AJ, Vust A, Hryshko M, Tomiuk M, Riordan D, Prasad C. Interstitial deletion of chromosome 2p: delineating the phenotype of a rare chromosome. Clin Dysmorphol. 2003 Jul;12(3):183-5.
26. Wattanasirichaigoon D, Prasad C, Schneider G, Evans JA, Korf BR. 2003. Rib defects in patterns of multiple malformations: a retrospective review and phenotypic analysis of 47 cases. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A Volume 122A, Issue 1, Date: 15 September 2003: 63-69.
27. Prasad AN and Prasad C: The floppy infant: contribution of genetic and metabolic disorders. Brain Dev. 2003 Oct;25(7):457-76. (THIS PAPER AND THE TABLE HAS BEEN REFERENCED IN NELSON’s TEXTBOOK OF PEDIATRICS BY Dr HARVEY B. SARANAT).
28. Prasad C: Smith Magenis Syndrome. Letter to the editor. CMAJ. Sept.16, 2003;169(6):543-544.
29. Chitra Prasad, Samuel Nurko, Jacob Borovoy and Mark Korson. Importance of gut motility in the metabolic control of Propionic acidemia. Journal of Pediatrics. Vol 144 (4), April 2004: 532-535.
30. Grinberg I, Northrup H, Ardinger H, Prasad C, Dobyns WB, Millen KJ. Heterozygous deletion of the linked genes ZIC1 and ZIC4 is involved in Dandy-Walker malformation. Nat Genet. 2004 Oct;36(10):1053-5. Epub 2004 Aug 29.
31. Karina A. Issekutz, Isabel M Smith, Chitra Prasad, John M Graham. Jr., and Kim D. Blake. An epidemiological Analysis of CHARGE Syndrome: Preliminary results from a Canadian Study. Am J Med Genet. 2005 Mar 15;133(3):309-17.
32. Searle L, Graham JM, Jr, Prasad C, Blake KD. CHARGE syndrome from birth to Adulthood: an individual reported on from 0-33 years. Am J Med Genet. 2005 Mar 15;133(3):344-9.
33. Prasad C, Galbraith PA. Sir Archibald Garrod and Alkaptonuria -'story of metabolic genetics'. Clin Genet. 2005 Sep;68(3):199-203.
34. Blake K, Graham JM Jr, Prasad C. Reply to letter to the editor by Lowry et al.: An epidemiological analysis of CHARGE syndrome: Preliminary results from a Canadian study [Issekutz et al.,2005]. Am J Med Genet A. 2005 Dec 1;139A(2):170-171.
35. Birdi K, Prasad AN, Prasad C, Chodirker B, Chudley AE. The floppy infant: retrospective analysis of clinical experience (1990-2000) in a tertiary care facility. J Child Neurol. 2005 Oct;20(10):803-8.
36. Joshi C, Dawson AJ, Sanders SR, Prasad C. Congenital indifference to pain and deletion of chromosome 10q-: new association. J Child Neurol. 2006 Feb;21(2):174-7.
37. Blake KD, Prasad C. CHARGE syndrome. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2006 Sep 7;1(1):34.
38. Chitra Prasad and C. A. Rupar. Non-Immune Hydrops. Genetic and Metabolic causes. Perinatology 2006. July-August 8 (4):164-174.
39. Ajay P. Sharma, Cheryl R. Greenberg, Asuri N. Prasad and Chitra Prasad. Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS) Secondary to Cobalamin-C (cbl C) disorder. Ped Nephrology 2007 Dec;22(12):2097-103. Epub 2007 Sep 14.
40. Prasad AN, Bunzeluk K, Prasad C, Chodirker BN, Magnus KG, Greenberg CR. Agenesis of the corpus callosum and cerebral anomalies in inborn errors of metabolism. Congenit Anom. 2007 Dec;47(4):125-35.
41. Okajima K, Korotchkina LG, Prasad C, Rupar T, Philips J, Ficicioglu C, Hertecant J, Patel MS, and Kerr DS. Mutations of the E1beta subunit gene (PDHB) in four families with pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency. Mol Genet Metabol. 2008 Apr;93(4):371-80.
42. Prasad C, Rosenblatt DS, Corley K, Cairney AE, Rupar CA. Transcobalamin (TC) Deficiency. Potential cause of bone marrow failure in childhood. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2008 Oct 29 (online).
43. Yanofsky RA, Seshia SS, Dawson AJ, Stobart K, Greenberg CR, Booth FA, Prasad C, Del Bigio MR, Wrongemann JJ, Fike FM, Gatti RA. Ataxia-Telangiectasia: Atypical Presentation and Toxicity of Cancer Treatment. Can J Neurol Sci. 2009 Jul;36(4):462-7.
44. Haas, D, Niklowitz P, Hörster F, Baumgartner ER, Prasad C, Hoffmann GF, Menke T, Okun JG, Coenzyme Q10 is decreased in fibroblasts of patients with methylmalonic aciduria but no in mevalonic aciduria. J Inherit Metab Dis 2009 Aug;32(4):570-5.
45. Seemann N, Campbell C, Hammond R, Prasad C. 9 year old girl with progressive weakness. Brain Pathology. 2010;20:255-258. Online at http://path.upmc.edu/divisions/neuropath/bpath/cases/case190.html
46. Siu VM, Ratko S, Prasad AN, Prasad C, Rupar CA. Amish microcephaly: Long-term survival and biochemical characterization. Am J Med Genet A. 2010 Jul; 152A (7):1747-51.
47. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Genetic evaluation of the floppy infant. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010 Dec 3. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21131247.
48. Bock DE, Rupar CA, Prasad C. Asymptomatic critical hypoglycaemia: a dangerous presentation of glycogen storage disease type Ib in infancy. Acta Paediatr. 2011 Feb 25. doi: 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2011.02208.x. [Epub ahead of print]
49. Mhanni AA, Prasad C, Rockman-Greenberg C. Ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency presenting as recurrent abdominal pain in childhood. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2011 Sep;27(9):850-3.
50. Prasad AN, Rupar CA, Prasad C. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) deficiency and infantile epilepsy. Brain Dev. 2011 Oct;33(9):758-69. Epub 2011 Jul 22.
51. Prasad AN, Levin S, Rupar CA, Prasad C. Menkes disease and infantile epilepsy. Brain Dev. 2011 Sep 15. [Epub ahead of print]
52. Prasad C, Rupar T, Prasad AN. Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency and epilepsy. Brain Dev. 2011 Sep 9. [Epub ahead of print]
53. Prasad C, Speechley KN, Dyack S, Rupar CA, Chakraborty P, Kronick JB. Incidence of Medium-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency (MCADD) in Canada Using the Canadian Paediatric Surveillance Program (CPSP). Paediatrics & Child Health (accepted for publication)
54. Zhang I; Husein M; Dworschak-Stokan A; Jung J; Matic D; Siu V; Prasad C; Doyle P . Neurofibromatosis and Velopharyngeal Insufficiency: Is There An Association? Journal of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. (accepted for publication)
INVITED PAPERS (REVIEWS) (PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS)
1. Prasad C, Dalton L, and Levy H. Role of Diet Therapy in Management of Hereditary Metabolic Diseases. Nutrition Research 1998;18(2):391-402.
2. Prasad C and Chudley AE. Genetics and Cardiac Anomalies; The Heart of the Matter! Indian J Pediatrics 2002;69:321-332.
3. C Prasad and CA Rupar. Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Infancy and Childhood Presenting with Metabolic Acidosis. Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics. 2010 (Apr-June);12(2) 155: 53-62.
INVITED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
1. Lawand C, Prasad, C, Graham, Jr. J.M., Blake, K,D.: CHARGE association - looking ahead. Canadian Paediatric Surveillance Program Resource Binder. 1999-2002.
2. Prasad C. and Chandra R K. Nutrition and Immunity in: Kotler DP, Ed Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Manifestations of AIDS. Raven Press Ltd. New York; 1991:35 49.
3. Stafstrom C E, Prasad AN, Prasad C, and Slevin J. Progress in understanding the Genetics of Epilepsy. Genetic Aberrancies and Neurodegenerative disorders. Vol. Editor Mark P. Mattson, Series Ed. Paola S. Timiras, E Edward Bittar. Advances in Cell Aging and Gerontology. 1999 :Vol.3 pp189-241. JAI Press Inc.
4. Galenzoski K, Prasad C. XYY Syndrome. In: Cooper DN (ed.) Nature Encyclopedia of the Human Genome. 2003: vol. 5, pp. 803-805. London: Nature Publishing Group.
5. Prasad A N, Prasad C. Genetic Aspects of Human Epilepsy. In Emery & Rimoins’ Principles & Practice of Medical Genetics. 2006, 5th edition. Vol 3. Rimoin D, Connor JM, Pyeritz RE, Korf BR.(Eds) Churchill Livingstone Elsevier. Philadelphia. Pennsylvania. Chapter 122. 2676-2702.
6. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Genetic Influences on the Risk of Epilepsy. Pediatric Epilepsy: Diagnosis and Therapy. 2008: 3rd edition;Vol 7, Pellock J, Bourgeouis BFD, Dodson WE (Eds) Demos Medical Publishing. New York. Chapter 7 117-134.
7. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Linking Biochemical Pathways to Seizure Susceptibility in Early Life: lesions from inborn errors of metabolism. Biology of Seizure Susceptibility in the Developing Brain. Takahashi T, Fukuyam F (ds) Progress in Epileptic Disorders. 2008, vol 6:101-127. Joh Libby Eurotest.
8. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Genetics of Human Epilepsy: Beyond the channelopathies. Scientific Foundations of Clinical Practice. Editors Rho J, Sankar R, and Stafstrom C. (Submitted 2009).
1. Blake KD and Prasad C; CHARGE syndrome. Orphanet encyclopedia, November 2004
2. eMedicine: Neurology Online resource (review article) : Ataxia with Identified Genetic and Biochemical Defects. A. N. Prasad, Mandar Jog and C Prasad. http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic556.htm Disorders and Neurodegenerative diseases/UPDATED 2010.
ABSTRACTS (Poster presentations)
1. Prasad C and Korf B. Rib anomalies: Evidence for etiological heterogeneity. March of Dimes Clin Genet/ACMG1995:A151
2. Wattanasirichaigoon D, Prasad C and Korf B. Phenotypic associations of rib anomalies: Analysis of 33 cases. Am J Hum Genet 1996, 59 (4): A592.
3. Prasad C, Schneider G, Anthony D and Korf B. Neurofibromatosis: A new variant? Am J Hum Genet 1996, 59 (4): A102.
4. Buckley DJ, Virmani S, and Prasad C. Prolonged QT interval is a clue to impending cardiac arrhythmia in metabolic myopathies. Eur J Ped Neurol: 1997, 1 (2/3): A82.
5. Prasad C, Pushpanathan C, Cramer BC, Ives E J. Kyphomelic Dysplasia; Clinical Features, Radiological Findings and Pathology of A Rare Semi-Lethal Skeletal Dysplasia. March of Dimes/ACMG1998: A17.
6. Prasad C, Buckley DJ, Pushpanathan C, Ives E J, Goldin E, Schiffmann R.. Experience with Mucolipidosis Type IV in Newfoundland. Genetics in Medicine 1999; 1(2): A51.
7. Prasad C, Chodirker BN, Lee C, Dawson AK, Jocelyn LJ and Chudley AE. 22q13 Deletion Syndrome: A genetic basis for Neurobehavioral Disorders? Genetics in Medicine 1999;1(2): A60.
8. Prasad C, Dilling L, Innes M, Buist N, Hamilton O, Beischel L, Johnson JP. Long Term Follow up Study and Linkage Analysis of Hepatic Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase1 (CPT1A) deficiency in a Canadian and American Hutterite Kindred: Evidence for a founder Effect. 1999 65 (4 ) Suppl.: A428
9. Abadi N, Thullier L. Prasad C, Dilling L, Demaugre F, Prip-Buus C, Belbachir A, Brivet M, Kadhom N, Bonnefont JP. Molecular characterization of carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 deficiency in a Canadian Hutterite family. 1999; 65(4) Suppl.: A230.
10. Innes M, Dilling L., Prasad C, Seargent L, Haworth JC, Greenberg CR. CPT-1 deficiency- The Manitoba experience in 2 unique populations. Garrod Association of Canada, 1999.
11. Dawson A J, Riordan D, Vust A, Konkin D, Wickstrom DE, Prasad C, Greenberg CR. A family with multiple chromosome anomalies. Genetics in Medicine 2000. 2(1):A97.
12. Nikkel SM, Mhanni A, Dilling L, Seargeant L, Stobart K, Rosenblatt D, Gorlin JB, Korson MS, Greenberg CR and Prasad C. Methylmalonic aciduria, hyperhomocysteinemia, hematologic and/or neurologic abnormalities in 3 infants born to mothers with asymptomatic B12 deficiency. Genetics in Medicine 2000;2 (1) A29.
13. Prasad A, Prasad C, Chodirker B, Chudley A. Delving into the brain-behavior-genetics connection; what can neurologists learn from genetic disorders? Can J Neurol Sc2000; 27(Suppl.2) S-44.
14. Bates R, Yanofsky R, Prasad AN, Greenberg CR, Prasad C. Acute encephalopathy and recurrent idiopathic hyperammonemia in an adolescent with hepatocellular carcinoma; case report and review of literature. Pediatr Child Health 2000;5 (Suppl.). A 24.
15. Greenberg CR, Thompson R, Booth F, Seargeant LE, Dilling L, Prasad C, Wood-Steiman P, Martin B.. Outcome of First Two Years of Neonatal Screening for Glutaric Acidemia Type 1 in Oji-Cree. Am J Hum Genet (Suppl.) 2000. 67;4: A128.
16. Prasad C, CR Greenberg, Dilling L, Seargeant LA, F Booth, J L Johnson. Isolated Sulfite Oxidase Deficiency: Manitoba Experience. Am J Hum Genet 2000 (Suppl.); 67(4): A1544.
17. Brennan G, Booth F, Lane M, Teschuk M, Prasad C. Wernicke's encephalopathy in an 11 year old girl with suspected eating disorder - a case report and literature review. Pediatr Child Health 2000;5 (Suppl.).
18. Briggs KJ, Varsamis J, Slusky A, Dawson AJ, Prasad C. Pervasive Developmental Disorder and the XYY Phenotype. Am J Hum Genet (Suppl.) 2000;67(4):A712
19. Prasad C, Bonnefont JP, Dilling LA, Thuillier L, Prip-Buus C, Singal R, Thompson JRG, Haworth JC, and Greenberg CR. DNA based newborn screening for hepatic carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 (CPT1A) deficiency in a targeted population of Manitoba, Canada: a pilot project. J Inherit Metab Dis 2000;23(1) A037.
20. Prip-Buus C, Thullier L, Abadi N, Prasad C, Dilling L, Demaugre F, Greenberg CR, Gobin S, Girard J, Bonnefont JP. Molecular analysis of carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 deficiency in an extended Canadian Hutterite kindred. Fatty acid oxidation meeting UK Brighton. Dec 2000.
21. Dilling LA, Seargeant LA, Robinson G, Kovnats S, Birk PE, Prasad AN, Greenberg CR and Prasad C. Neonatal argininosuccinic aciduria- case report. Garrod Association Annual Meeting, Nov 2000
22. Greenberg C R, Prasad C, Dilling L A, Mallory C, Seifert B, Casiro O, Seshia M, Seargeant LA Early Carnitine Supplementation in the TPN of VLBW Neonates Improves Their Rate of Whole Blood Palmitate Oxidation. Garrod Association Annual Meeting, Nov 2000.
23. Mhanni A, Evans JA, and Prasad C. Brachydactyly type B, Robin sequence and myopia: different co-segregating phenotypes, an expansion of the ROR2 mutation spectrum, an expansion of the Stickler
phenotype or a new syndrome? Genetics in Medicine 2001:A 77.
24. Mhanni A, Prasad C, Dilling L, Seargeant L, Moroz S, Longstaffe S, Pasterkamp H, Shojania A, Barnes R, Treacy E and Greenberg C. Trimethylaminuria And Co-Existing Disorders: Double Trouble. SIMD (Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders) March 2001.
25. Prasad C, Chodirker BN, Magnus KG,. Greenberg CR, and Prasad A N. Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum; A Marker for Metabolic Dysmorphogenesis? David W. Smith XXII workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis. 2001: A156. Proceedings of the greenwood genetic center 2002;21:153-54.
26. Macgregor D, Prasad C, MacDonnell K, Cappon S, R. Lokkesmoe, M. Khalifa, S. Taylor, J. Kane, J. Jung, L. Velcher, and G. Herman. X-linked myotubular myopathy: A case report with a few gentle counselling reminders. Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors. Sept 2001
27. Galenzoski K.J, Prasad C. Dawson A J, Chudley AE. Vascular disruption-related birth defects in 22q11.2 deletion syndromes. Am J Hum Genet (Suppl)2001:69(4):A1490.
28. Dawson AJ, Putnam S, Mhanni A, Kovnats S, Seshia S, Prasad C. Subtelomeric assay as a genetic screening for MR of unknown etiology. Am J Hum Genet (Suppl)2001:69(4):A769.
29. B.A. Fernandez , L. Penney, C. Prasad , S. Moore, I. Teshima, K. Nakabayashi, S.W. Scherer. Sotos Syndrome in a Boy with Partial Trisomy of the Long Arm of Chromosome 7. American College of Medical Genetics and march of Dimes meeting March 2002 A:57.
30. C. Prasad and C.R. Greenberg. Screening for metabolic disorders in genetic isolates in Manitoba; New frontiers; New challenges. American College of Medical Genetics and March of Dimes meeting March 2002 A: 38.
31. Prasad AN, Birdi K, Prasad C, Chodirker B, Chudley AE. Evaluation of the Floppy infant: contribution of genetic and neurological disorders. Brain & Development:24 (6); 567, Sept 2002.
32. C. Li and C Prasad. Monosomy 1pter Syndrome: A case report. American Journal of Human Genetics Oct 2002;71:4A 509.
33. Fernandez BA, Penney L, Prasad C, Moore S, Teshima I, Nakabayashi K, Scherer SW. Further molecular characterization of a boy with Sotos syndrome and partial trisomy of the long arm of chromosome 7. American Journal of Human Genetics Oct 2002;71:4 A647.
34. C.M.D. Lawand, C Prasad, J.M. Graham Jr., K.D. Blake. The Cranial Nerve Anomalies of CHARGE Association/Syndrome (A/S). Pediatr Child Health. 2003;8(Sup B): 26B: 38.
35. Mona Singal, Asuri N Prasad, Valerie Kamaya-Miyakawa, Terry Benoit, Ana Hanlon-Dearman and Chitra Prasad. Is There a Neurobehavioral Profile Associated With In-Utero Exposure To Solvent Abuse? Pediatric Research Vol 53 No.4 (part 2 of 2) April 2003 p. A535.
36. C Prasad, S. Nikkel, M. Reed, S. Sanders, S. Marles. Mental retardation, facial dysmorphism, skeletal anomalies in first cousins; KBG or a new syndrome? Am J Hum Genet. Nov 2003;73(5): A620.
37.A M Stier, LE Seageant, C Prasad, D. Grewar, A. Chan, F. Bamforth, P. Macleod, L. IJlst, RJA Wanders, C R. Greenberg. Frequency of the P479L mutation causing Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase (CPT) 1A Deficiency in the Canadian Inuit. Am J Hum Genet. Nov 2003;73(5):A 1703.
38. Grinberg I, Ardinger HH, Prasad C Dobyns WB and Millen KJ. A locus for Dandy-Walker malformation maps to chromosome 3q.. Am J Hum Genet. Nov 2003;73(5): A182.
39. Chitra Prasad, Victoria Siu, Kathy Corley, and Tony Rupar. Non-Immune Hydrops: A Marker for Inborn Errors of Metabolism? Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. Vol 81/3 2004:147-260:A76.
40. Prasad AN, Bunzeluk K, Greenberg CR, Chodirker BN, Magnus KG and Prasad C. Callosal dysgenesis in inborn errors of metabolism: A case of plasticity misdirected. J Inherit Metab Dis issue 27 (Suppl 1) 2004:247.
41. C. Prasad, K. Corley, A.E. Cairney, C.A. Rupar. Transcobalamin II deficiency: an under recognized cause for bone marrow failure in childhood. AJHG Oct 2004; 333:1801.
42. Chitra Prasad, Asuri. N Prasad, Simon Levin, KirtiKumar Naik, Linda Cooper, David Nicolle, Kathy Corley, Charles
43. A Rupar. Management of Headaches And Stroke Like Episodes in MELAS: Current Practices. Garrod meeting May 2005.
44. Prasad Chitra, Corley Kathy, Rupar Charles A. Severe Phenotypic Spectrum of Mevalonic Kinase Deficiency with Minimal Mevalonic Aciduria. SSIEM 42nd symposium Paris. J.Inherit.Metab.Dis.28 (2005) Suppl.1A91.
45. C Prasad, C. Campbell, S. Conachar, J. Jung, J. Xu. A girl with 22q13.33 subtelomeric deletion and very friendly personality! American Society of Human Genetics 2005.
46. Vaz S, Deshpande N, Chodirker B, Prasad C, Chudley A, Prasad A. Phenotypic variability in craniofacial and organ system development in holoprosencephaly. Neuropediatrics 2006; 37 Suppl. 1, S44.
47. Vaz S, Chodirker B, Seabrook J, Prasad C, Chudley A, Prasad A. Risk factors for the development of holoprosencephaly: a Manitoba-based case-control study. Neuropediatrics 2006; 37 Suppl. 1, S44.
48. Prasad A, Rupar CA, Prasad C, Mok Siu V. Cellular Bioenergetics and Cerebral Dysmorphogenesis: Lessons from Amish Microcephaly. Neuropediatrics 2006; 37 Suppl. 1, S72.
49. Okajima K, Prasad C, Rupar T, Kerr D. Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency due to a missense mutation of the E1-beta subunit (PDHB 106T>C, R36C). Mitochondrion, 6:280, 2006 (abstract).
50. Prasad AN, Prasad C. Linking biochemical pathways to seizure susceptibility in early life; Lessons from inborn errors of metabolism. International Symposium on Biology of Seizure Susceptibility. 10th Annual meeting of Infantile Seizure Society, Tokyo, Japan, April 2007.
51. C. Prasad. Anesthestic management of a parturient with Ornithine Transcarbamylase Deficiency. Canadian Anesthesiology Society (poster presentation in Calgary June 2007
52. K Corley, CA Rupar, C Prasad. “Enzyme replacement therapy as adjunct to cord cell transplant in Hurler syndrome”. Lysosomal Disease Network: WORLD Symposium, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. (Poster) February 2008.
53. Prasad C, Campbell C, Levin S, Rupar CA, Prasad AN. White matter disorders and inborn errors of metabolism; bridges clinical phenotypes with biochemical and molecular defects. J Inherit Metab Dis 2008; 31 (suppl.1) 148P.
54. Prasad C, Speechley KN, Dyack S, Rupar CA, Chakraborty P, Kronick JB. Incidence of medium chain acyl-coenzyme a dehydrogenase deficiency (MCADD) in Canada using the Canadian Paediatric Surveillance Program (CPSP) (September 2005-September 2008). Presented at CCMG meeting, September 2008.
55. Zang I, Husein M, Dworshak-Stokan A, CASLPO, Jung J, Matic D, Siu v, Prasad C, Doyle PC. Neurofibromatosis and Velopharyngeal Insufficiency: Is There an Association? American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Annual Meeting, April 2009.
56. Prasad C, Speechley KN, Dyack S, Rupar CA, Chakraborty P, Kronick JB. The expanding spectrum of medium chain acyl-coenzyme a dehydrogenase deficiency (MCADD) from trait to lethality: MCADD experience using the Canadian Pediatric Surveilllance Program. CPS JUNE 2009.
57. Narayan B, Prasad AN, Prasad, C, Kronick J, Ramsay D, Tay K, Rupar CA. MELAS: Molecular, Pathological and Radiological Correlates. United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation June 2009.
58. Faghfoury H, Feigenbaum A, Blaser S, Prasad C, Donner E, Hahn A, Rupar CA, Crow Y. AICARDI-GOUTIERES syndrome may masquerade as a metabolic disease. SSIEM, September 2009.
56. C Prasad, J. DiRaimo, P. Chakraborty, S. Goobie, CA Rupar. Positive Newborn Screening for Carnitine Transporter Deficiency: A Marker for Maternal Genetic/Metabolic Diseases? American Society of Human Genetics, October 2009.
57. Ratko S, Prasad C, Rupar CA. PKU & Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL): Challenges in Management! Second European Phenylketonuria group symposium (Advances and challenges in PKU). Conference on PKU, Munich, Germany, January 2010.
58. AN Prasad, C Rupar, C Prasad. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) deficiency and infantile epilepsy. Epilepsia 0 Suppl. 0 (Abst. 3.305 ), 2010. URLhttp://www.aesnet.org/go/publications/aes-abstracts/abstract- search/mode/display/st/Prasad/sy/2010/sb/All/id/13317
59..Chitra Prasad, C Anthony Rupar, Asuri N Prasad. The Expanding Phenotype of MELAS Caused by the m.T3291C tRNA Mutation. American College of Medical Genetics Meeting, March 2011.
60. Nachiket Deshpande, Chitra Prasad, C. Anthony Rupar, Vijaya Chevendra, Asuri N. Prasad. Developing a web-based learning tool on mitochondrial disorders for patients and families: “trying to keep it simple!” United Mitochondrial Foundation, Chicago June 2011, Poster.