Caring and compassion guide our work at London Health Sciences Centre. As a hospital community, we believe that how we do things is as important as what we accomplish. We are guided by the following core values and behavioural statements that illustrate how we live them.
- I treat others the way I wish to be treated.
- I take responsibility for my actions and recognize the accomplishments of others.
- I listen and seek to understand the perspectives of others.
- I look for the truth and make it safe for others to share their views
- I work with conviction that each person will act honourably, ethically and with compassion in the delivery and support of patient care.
- I state clearly what I will do and ensure consistency between my actions and words. All the time. Every time.
- I protect everyone’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- I speak the truth and engage in dialogue that contributes to our shared purpose.
- I consider how my actions and decisions impact other individuals and groups.
- I work with others in serving the greater good of our communities.
- I build healthy relationships in all my interactions.