September 15, 2023
Join Lawson Health Research Institute on Thursday, September 28th at Goodwill Industries for the return of Café Scientifique – “Uncovering Trauma: A Conversation about PTSD and Moral Injury.”
This free event offers the opportunity to learn about the latest mental health research from London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St. Joseph’s Health Care London (St. Joseph’s).
Register online today.
Approximately nine per cent of Canadian adults will experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) at some point in their lifetime (Canadian Mental Health Association). As trauma and trauma-related disorders have become more recognized in society, the need for research has accelerated.
At LHSC and St. Joseph’s, our world-renowned researchers are leading the way in advancing understanding, diagnosis and treatment in this critical area of mental health. In this special event, they will be joined by those with lived experience to share the importance of addressing trauma, PTSD and moral injury. They will discuss diagnosis, prognosis and treatment advancements developed through studies involving at-risk populations, including Canadian Veterans, health-care workers and those with developmental trauma.
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 6:30-9:00 p.m. (Doors open at 6:00 pm)
- Location: Goodwill Industries, 255 Horton Street, London, ON (3rd floor event space)
- Directions: View directions to Goodwill Industries via Google maps.
- Parking: Free on-site parking
- Dr. J. Don Richardson, Scientific Director of the MacDonald Franklin OSI Research Centre at the Parkwood Institute
- Dr. Ruth Lanius, Psychiatrist at London Health Sciences Centre
- Teresa Kinney, research participant who has contributed to studies with Dr. Lanius
- Laryssa Lamrock, National Strategic Advisor for Families at Atlas Institute for Veterans and Families, Veterans Family Advisor on the MacDonald Franklin OSI Research Centre Advisory Council
- Dr. Arlene MacDougall, Director of Research and Innovation for Mental Health at St. Joseph’s Health Care London
Register online today.
Café Scientifique is a free community event providing an informal opportunity to get involved with science. Through an open-forum discussion in a casual setting, these events address health-related issues of popular interest to the general public. A panel of Lawson researchers talk about what they do and why, and share their unique research perspectives. Guests can then ask questions, participate in discussion, and gain insights from the speakers and from one another.
This event is made possible by funding from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).