800 Commissioners Road E.
PBLO at Children’s Hospital is a Medical-Legal Partnership created to help families resolve legal problems that may prevent them from focusing their full attention on caring for a sick child.
PBLO helps low-to moderate-income families and legal guardians whose child is being treated at Children’s Hospital (on an inpatient or an outpatient basis).
PBLO at Children’s Hospital recognizes there are many factors that may affect a child’s health.
The program helps our paediatric patients and their families identify and resolve legal problems that can impact a child’s health or the family’s ability to care for that child.
Areas of Law that the program covers
- Family Law (information only)
- Domestic abuse
- Child Welfare (children only)
- Education (school) rights
- Access to social benefits
- Healthcare coverage/access
- Consent/ Capacity
- Debt/Creditor issues
- Wills / Estates
- Human rights
- Administrative (e.g. notarizing documents, commissioning affidavits)
Your Social Worker is the best place to start. He or she will speak to you about your legal concerns, collect all necessary information and then refer your case to our on-site Triage Lawyer.
If you do not have a Social Worker please ask your medical team for a referral.
The Triage Lawyer, Adina D. Goldberg can provide you with legal information, advice, and where necessary, a referral to one of our partner lawyers who will assist you free of charge.
The Triage Lawyer has office hours on-site at Children’s Hospital including:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Who is Involved in this program:
- Pro Bono Law Ontario (PBLO) on-site Triage Lawyer
- Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre
- Children's Health Foundation
- The Advocates’ Society
- Law Firm Partners: Lerners LLP & Siskinds LLP
- Neighbourhood Legal Services