In September, 2008, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care launched a website on Patient Safety to report the rates of various hospital-acquired infections at all Ontario hospitals. Hospitals were also required to publicly report this information on their own websites.
LHSC welcomes the opportunity to participate in the Ministry’s public reporting initiative. The data provides yet another indicator for measuring and monitoring quality of care, examining our performance and continuously improving the care we provide our patients and the community.
For hospital-acquired infection rates at LHSC, select any of the following categories:
- C. Difficile Infection (CDI)
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE)
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Compliance
- Central Line Infections
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- Current Active Outbreaks