Please note: For Adult Emergencies, visit the
Virtual Emergency Clinic
If you’re concerned you child may require emergency care and you’re not sure about coming into the hospital, a virtual emergency clinic is available.
Parents and children can speak to a children’s emergency doctor via video conference to discuss the child’s condition and, together, determine next steps. Next steps could include seeing your family doctor, or coming in-person to Children’s Hospital Emergency Department.
Patients can self-book an appointment at any time.
Virtual clinic hours of operation
- Monday through Friday, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- The virtual clinic does not replace in-person visits to the Emergency Department; rather, it provides a way for families to reach out for care if they may be hesitant to visit the hospital because of COVID-19.
Call 519-685-8735 Monday through Friday between 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Or, call toll-free 1-844-CARE-844 (1-844-227-3844)
Parents seeking a virtual appointment can call during hours of operation. You’ll be connected with clerical staff who will generate a patient registration and send you an email invitation to join a Cisco Webex meeting.
- This email invitation includes instructions on how to download the Webex software app on your smartphone or computer, and information on what to expect during the appointment.
- When you join the Webex meeting, you’ll be placed in a private virtual waiting room.
- A children’s emergency physician will consult with patients/parents on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If your situation is NOT an emergency, families should consider contacting your primary care doctor first. Primary care doctors often have after-hour services.
Zone D – First Floor
City Map to Children's Hospital
Directions to Emergency Department:
At Commissioners Road Entrance turn into hospital grounds and drive straight ahead until the stop sign.
Turn left and drive until you see the red Emergency sign on the building.
At the Baseline Road Entrance turn into hospital grounds, turn left at 3-way stop, go through one more stop sign. Turn right at next stop sign and drive ahead until you see red Emergency sign on the building.
If you require immediate medical assistance, please call 911 or come to the Children’s Hospital Emergency Department.