Please note: LHSC volunteer programs have been on hold since March 16, 2020. As of Tuesday, August 4, a small number of volunteers resumed service. We are taking a gradual, phased approach for the return of our LHSC volunteers and only placing current volunteers at this time.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering and are happy to accept applications in preparation for when recruitment resumes.
Volunteers are one of the most important resources within our health care community and you could be a part of it.
If you’re interested in making a difference to the experience of our patients and their families, we may have an opportunity for you! Adult and student volunteers from all walks of life find personal fulfillment in helping others, while supporting LHSC’s Vision Statement .
- Approximately 900 volunteers provide service to over 100 programs at LHSC
- We have two locations
- Volunteers provide one shift per week (3 – 4 hours)
- Most of our services are weekdays with limited evenings/weekends
- A minimum of six months to one year commitment is required (except high school summer program)
- We offer the following types of volunteer opportunities: patient/family support, Cancer Program (Victoria Hospital only), clinics, emergency, information stations, children’s program (Victoria Hospital only) and staff support
Please Note: All successful volunteer applicants will be required to provide a Police Information Check as a condition of placement.
Volunteering on a weekly basis is a big responsibility. Please make sure this is a good time in your life for such a commitment.
LHSC (Auxiliary) is now accepting volunteer applications for the Auxiliary run Gift Shop. This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a retail environment. The LHSC Gift Shops raise money to support the London Health Sciences Foundation and ultimately the hospital. It is a unique contribution to volunteering at LHSC and is very service focused. We are looking for individuals who would like to contribute to their community by volunteering for a weekly shift.