Volunteers can expect:
- To be recognized as a valued member of team London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC)
- To experience personal growth, fulfillment and satisfaction
- To be given a safe and meaningful assignment
- To be fully orientated and trained by a qualified person as well as receive annual and ongoing training
- To receive sound guidance, support and direction in their volunteer role
- To have access to education sessions offered within the hospital
- To have privacy and confidentiality in their dealings with LHSC
- To be given opportunities to provide feedback and opportunities for growth by receiving feedback
Volunteer opportunities at Victoria Hospital, Children's Hospital, and University Hospital include:
There are a total of five retail gift shops between University Hospital (UH) and Victoria Hospital (VH), which are run by the LHSC Auxiliary.
Cancer Program (Victoria Hospital Only):
Volunteers assist patients and help with patient flow.
Volunteers engage children in different activities (i.e. games, crafts).
Volunteers visit patients and assist staff and patients in various capacities.
Volunteers help with the patient flow of an outpatient clinic.
Liaise with family and staff, help with the patient and visitor flow.
Wayfinding volunteers welcome the public and provide information and directions for LHSC in a friendly and assistive manner.