Gift shops at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) are run by the Auxiliary Team.
What we do
The Auxiliary runs four Giftshops and a Garden Shop throughout both campuses of London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC).
All profits from these shops are donated through LHSF to LHSC to meet their highest priority needs.
LHSC and LHSF work in collaboration to identify LHSC’s highest priority needs. From there, LHSF presents their findings and recommendations to the Auxiliary board, and the Auxiliary board determines which of the projects they would like to support.
Hours: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
B1-002, Closest entrance: Perth Drive, B1 doors
519-685-8500 Ext: 32349
Hours: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
B1-009, Closest entrance: Baseline Road, B1 doors
519-685-8500 Ext: 57050
Hours: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday
E1 – 007, Closest entrance: Baseline Road, E1 doors
519-685-8500 Ext: 75391
Hours: 10:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 11:30 am to 3:30 pm Tuesday and Saturday.
D3-402, Closest entrance: Commissioners Road, D3 doors
The Garden Shoppe
Hours: 11:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday to Saturday
D3-403, Closest entrance: Commissioners Road, D3 doors
519-685-8500 Ext: 53051
With the finalization of their 2024 pledge, the Auxiliary will have raised 10 million dollars since 1985. To learn more about the Auxiliary, visit the History of the Auxiliary webpage.
These pledges include:
- 2.24 million dollars to Dr. Richard Kim’s Personalized Medicine Program (2016 to 2024)
- 1.6 million dollars to the Transition Mental Health Program
- 5 million dollars to the Mom and Baby Care Unit in B Tower (1999 to 2012)
The Auxiliary has also made additional donations, separate from their pledges and $10 million raised since 1985. Some of these include:
- $50,000 to First Episode Mood and Anxiety Program (FEMAP)
- $50,000 to the Children’s Foundation to fund the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit’s purchase of their own Targeted Neonatal Echocardiography Machine
- $10,000 to the Covid Relief Fund
The Auxiliary is an inspiring and dedicated group of volunteers.
If you are feeling inspired and motivated reading about what they do, consider applying to be a volunteer by visiting the Volunteer Services website.