Note: Applications have closed for Summer 2023 and will re-open on March 15, 2024
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) welcomes high school student volunteers to the hospital each summer, providing a great opportunity for students who are interested in learning about the hospital and giving back to the community.
We look for students 16 years of age or older who are available for one shift per week (3 to 4 hours) and for a minimum of 7 weeks of the summer. The summer program begins at the end of June and runs through to Labour Day weekend.
Steps for Applying
- Application available online
March 15 to May 15
- Complete the High School Student Summer Program Application Form and send it via email to Volunteer_Services@lhsc.on.ca or mail to your preferred location. You will be sent a confirmation email once your application has been processed.
- Send the Volunteer Reference Form to your two references who will submit their forms directly to Volunteer Services. References are not accepted directly from the applicant.
- Application form and references must be received by May 15. Both references must be received for your application to be considered complete.
May 16 to mid-June
- Your complete application will be reviewed, in order of date received, to determine where your skills, interests, and availability may be best suited.
- Applicant availability and our scheduling needs are key factors.
Mid to late June
- Interviews conducted.
- Due to the number of applications received from high school students and the limited number of positions available throughout the summer, we apologize that we may not be able to meet with all applicants.
Last week of June/first week of July
- Summer volunteering begins.
Labour Day weekend
- Summer volunteering ends.