- You will be assessed by a physician for approximately 1 hour. Patients are often seen by a resident physician or a fellow (specialist in training) first, prior to being reviewed by Dr. Shoesmith or Dr. Strong.
- The assessment will include a history and physical examination.
- You will often be sent for blood work and/or an EMG test.
Multi-disciplinary Team Visit
- This visit will be approximately 5 hours and will include 30-45 minute assessments by each of our multi-disciplinary team members; physician, nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, dietician and social worker.
- You will also have a pulmonary function test on this visit. This is valuable information regarding your lung function.
- A lunch break will be built into your schedule. You may purchase a lunch in our cafeteria on the 3rd floor, or you may chose to bring a lunch with you. There will not be sufficient time for you to leave the hospital for lunch.