Unit level outbreaks for COVID-19 are declared, in partnership with the Middlesex-London Health Unit. After 14 days with no new cases, the unit level outbreak is declared over in consultation with the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU).
There are no current active COVID-19 outbreaks at LHSC.
When an outbreak is declared, LHSC works closely with the MLHU and our Infection Prevention and Control team, to take the following actions:
- Affected units are closed to other patient admissions unless medically required and existing patients are actively assessed
- Staff working on the affected units are not permitted to work in other units until outbreak is declared over
- Staff are advised to monitor and report symptoms and escalate precautions immediately
- Enhanced equipment and environmental cleaning measures are taken
- Contact tracing of affected staff and patients is completed