Hospitals are key partners in healthy communities. LHSC has been a cornerstone of hospital care in London for 145 years and we are here when you need us most. We care for the most critically ill and injured; we generate leading-edge advancements through research and innovation; and we train tomorrow’s health-care providers.
A community that provides support for its hospital helps to ensure that the very best in care can be delivered by their hospital. Volunteers play a key role in helping the hospital deliver excellent care every day and we are truly grateful to the volunteers that support LHSC – a team which has grown to over 900 strong. Community support through our two Foundations – London Health Sciences Foundation and Children’s Health Foundation - allows us to continue to innovate for improved health outcomes, meaning that our community benefits from the very latest medical advances.
LHSC is proud of the role we play in our community, and we are grateful for the support we receive from those in our community. We encourage you to find out more about how staff, physicians, students and volunteers are giving back to our community, and how LHSC is working to strengthen and enhance our partnerships by collaborating with organizations throughout our community.
- Community at LHSC
- LHSC in the Community
- Community Collaboration
- South Street Hospital Decommissioning
- LHSC's ownership of 54 Riverview Ave (former Bethesda Centre)
- Western Counties Land & Buildings
Patient, family and community advisors:
To ensure that our planning and decision-making includes the patient voice right from the start, LHSC has adopted a Patient Experience Framework as a core component of our planning and quality processes. This approach means that we engage patients early in planning, and the framework reflects the different ways that the patient voice can be included as decision-making occurs.
Already, patient, family and community perspectives have been instrumental in shaping what we do, thanks to some very active groups including:
Paediatric Family Advisory Council
LHSC is deeply grateful for the time, energy and commitment the volunteers on these councils dedicate to helping us to improve care.
LHSC Board of Directors
In addition, our organization is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of very dedicated and engaged community members, each of whom brings unique perspective and experience.
Annual Report to the Community
Each year, LHSC releases an Annual Report to the Community to celebrate accomplishments over the past year and highlight goals for the future. View LHSC’s Annual Report online.
LHSC in the Community
As London’s largest care provider and employer, LHSC is committed to helping make our city the best it can be. We encourage you to find out more about how staff, physicians, students and volunteers are extending care beyond our walls and giving back to the community:
- United Way Elgin Middlesex
- Canadian Blood Services – Partners for Life program
- President’s Award for Community Service
- Seasonal Food Drives & Holiday Mitten Campaign
- LHSC Supports Pride
- Medical and Humanitarian Missions
- Trauma Injury Prevention Programs
As a committed community partner, LHSC is working to strengthen and enhance our partnerships by collaborating with organizations throughout our community.
- thehealthline.ca: Putting health and community services at the fingertips of people across Ontario.
- Beadonor.ca: Did you know that one donor has the potential to offer eight organs for transplant? The decision to donate organs and tissues after death is a personal one. Once you have made your decision, it is important to tell your family your donation wishes so they can act on your behalf following death. You can also register as a donor at beadonor.ca.