If you have any questions, you can call us at 519-663-3665.
Note: In order to serve you better, requisitions should contain the following information:
- All patient demographics.
- The referring physician's name and address, printed or typed.
- The phone and fax number of your office or clinic.
- A specific (if possible) diagnostic question for us to answer.
- Please specify on the requisition whether a full or limited consultation is also needed. This must be scheduled when the referral is made.
- WSIB claim number if applicable.
It is very helpful if the following information is included with the requisition:
- A detailed description of the patient's relevant symptoms and clinical findings, including other significant health problems, such as diabetes, blood and contact precautions, current medications (particularly anticoagulants) etc.
- Previous EMG results, if studies were done in another laboratory.
- Any other relevant information or test results; MRI or X-ray reports, blood work, neurological or other consult reports, etc.
You can view or print our EMG requisition (PDF)
Guidelines for Referrals to the EMG Lab:
Depending on the complexity of the patient's problem, three possible types of assessments are available; for detailed information about each type of assessment, see types of EMG Referrals.
- EMG and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) only
- EMG and NCS with limited consultation
- EMG/NCS and full consultation
If the situation is urgent, please telephone the EMG Laboratory at (519)-663-3665 and speak to the EMG physician to see whether more urgent testing is indicated.