If you have any questions, you can call us at 519-663-3665.
Note: In order to serve you better, requisitions should contain the following information:
- All patient demographics.
- The referring physician's name and address, printed or typed.
- The phone and fax number of your office or clinic.
- A specific (if possible) diagnostic question for us to answer.
- Please specify on the requisition whether a full or limited consultation is also needed. This must be scheduled when the referral is made.
- WSIB claim number if applicable.
It is very helpful if the following information is included with the requisition:
- A detailed description of the patient's relevant symptoms and clinical findings, including other significant health problems, such as diabetes, blood and contact precautions, current medications (particularly anticoagulants) etc.
- Previous EMG results, if studies were done in another laboratory.
- Any other relevant information or test results; MRI or X-ray reports, blood work, neurological or other consult reports, etc.
You can view or print our EMG requisition (pdf)
You can view or print our EMG Information pamphlet for patients (pdf)
Guidelines for Referrals to the EMG Lab:
Depending on the complexity of the patient's problem, three possible types of assessments are available; for detailed information about each type of assessment, see types of EMG Referrals.
- EMG and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) only
- EMG and NCS with limited consultation
- EMG/NCS and full consultation
If the situation is urgent, please telephone the EMG Laboratory at (519)-663-3665 and speak to the EMG physician to see whether more urgent testing is indicated.