University of Western Ontario
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences,
London Health Sciences Centre,
London, Ontario, Canada.
Contact Name and Address
Christen Shoesmith, MD
London Health Sciences Centre, University Hospital
339 Windermere Road
London, ON N6A 5A5
Type of Fellowship
- EMG certification and Neuromuscular Disease Specialization
Duration of Fellowship
- 1-2 years
- Certification in neurology or physical medicine.
- Basic training in EMG (approximately three months exposure)
- Appropriate educational license for practice in Ontario/Canada.
Details available. Application may be required up to 12 months before beginning fellowship.
- July 1 unless agreed otherwise
- Must have external funding or be a strong candidate for successful application for peer-reviewed funding.
- July 1 of the year prior to starting the fellowship.
Approximate interview date
- August - September of the year prior to starting the fellowship.
Approximate final decision date
- October of the year of starting prior to starting the fellowship.
- This EMG/Neuromuscular Fellowship meets Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists electromyography eligibility requirements.
- This fellowship will provide advanced training in EMG and clinical neuromuscular disease. Depending on the interests of the trainee, the fellowship will combine exposure to a wide variety of often complex inpatient and outpatient EMG, as well as time in a busy tertiary care neuromuscular clinic. Clinical expertise available includes faculty specializing in hereditary and acquired neuropathies, myopathies, disorders of neuromuscular transmission and motor neuron diseases. Fellows will be encouraged to participate in clinical research in neuromuscular disease and/or EMG.