Resource Accessibility

There are a number of steps involved in accessing long term ventilation resources for use at home or in community-based care.  Your health care provider will guide you through the process.

There are two main forms that need to be submitted in order to access resources you will need for long term ventilation at home. 

1) Application for Funding Ventilator Equipment and Supplies - needed to get a ventilator on loan from the Ventilation

     Equipment Pool, a provincial health resource.  

2) Application for Funding Respiratory Equipment and Supplies - used to apply for funding for assistive devices such as secretion 

    clearance equipment, and other respiratory care supplies.


The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Assistive Devices program website is a great resource.  Some devices and services you need may be entirely funded, but others may only be partially covered by your government health plan.  Please speak with your health care provider and insurance company about funding coverage for other resources and supplies you may need.