- The problem is defined by the patient and health care provider.
- Decision options are presented by health care professional to the patient.
- The benefits, risks and harms are discussed.
- The patient books an appointment with a Decision Coach. (link to Decision Coach section)
- Together, you review the options, risks, harms, side effects and the relative value of those effects.
- The ability of the patient to follow through with the plan is discussed.
- The patient decides on a course of action or chooses to defer.
- The patient follows up with the health care team to discuss the preferred course of action.
- Medication options
- Surgical options
- Aggressive treatments
- Screening and diagnostic testing
- Clinical trial participation
- Medical devices
- Developmental transitions
- Respiratory interventions
- Intensity of care
- Plan of Care
Book an appointment with a Decision Coach