Who we serve
- Inpatient admissions for crisis stabilization and treatment, serving adults over 16 years of age.
- The Adult Inpatient Mental Health Program provides adult mental health services, primarily for Middlesex County.
- Crisis and short term inpatient treatment for adults is the focus of this service. The inpatient service provides care to adults who present with mental health difficulties that embrace the entire spectrum of mental illness such as mood disorders, suicidal behaviour, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, psychotic disorders, substance abuse and acute symptoms of distress related to family or personal crisis, or abusive experiences.
- The Adult Inpatient Mental Health Program offers stabilization and treatment. The inpatient service offers short term admissions for crisis stabilization, assessments of a variety of mental health spheres and coordination with community resources for follow up treatment and community support after discharge.
- Inpatient services are delivered by a highly skilled staff working in multi-disciplinary teams. Teams consist of psychiatrists, registered nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, pharmacists, orderlies and office support staff.
- Services to inpatients may include clinical assessment, individual and group therapy. Inpatient group therapy includes: medication education, cognitive task skills, goal setting, management of anxiety and depression, psycho-education and discharge planning.
- The inpatient units have therapeutic links with the mental health community and integrate the discharge planning with the community agencies and their personal. Partners in providing a continuum of care include: Canadian Mental Health Association, the London Inter-community Health Centre, the London Crisis Centre, Mission Services and Parkwood Institute.
How To Reach us
Admissions to Inpatient Psychiatry must be done by a psychiatrist affiliated with the London Health Sciences Centre. Admission is often through the Emergency Room Services of the London Health Sciences Centre, Victoria Hospital.
Mental Health Care Program
London Health Sciences Centre
800 Commissioners Road East
For Patient Information:
Please call the LHSC Switchboard 519-685-8500 and ask for the specific patient and the operator will link you to the appropriate nursing station.