- Consultation-Liaison is a specialized service within psychiatry that deals with the overlap of physical health and mental health care issues. Our mandate is to provide psychiatric consultation to adult patients admitted to LHSC medical /surgical units across the city.
- The Consultation-Liaison Service utilizes a multi-disciplinary team approach (psychiatry, psychology, and nursing) for assessment and treatment.
- Follow-up services may include: psychiatric or psychological services, liaison with the (referring) treatment team, ongoing monitoring of mental status during hospitalization, and facilitation of transfer to other LHSC Mental Health Care Services.
- Referrals are accepted from all inpatient medical/surgical units within LHSC, including internal medicine, neurology, surgery, cardiology, transplantation, OB/GYN, and critical care areas.
How to Refer
- Referrals to the Consultation-Liaison Service will only be accepted from inpatient units within London Health Sciences Centre.