As a specialty within the Adult Mental Health Care Program, London Health Sciences Centre the Geriatric Mental Health Program is an interdisciplinary team designed to provide geriatric psychiatry consultation, assessment and treatment to seniors and their families living in the community.
- Quality clinical care that recognizes the unique psychiatric and medical needs of older adults.
- Education for physicians and professionals training to care for the elderly.
- Collaboration with community agencies and partners in specialized geriatric services.
This service provides inter-disciplinary out-patient assessment, treatment and referral for individuals 65 years and older who experience mental disorders of late life including:
- Dementia and related disorders
- Mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Psycho-educational groups for depression and violence against women
- Psychiatric care including pharmacotherapy
- Family counseling
- Case management
- Nursing and social work consultation
Consists of a full-time psychiatrist trained in geriatric care; 2 registered nurses; and 2 social workers.
- London and Middlesex County, Ontario.
- Home and clinic visits provided. Home visits restricted to the city of London.
- Although anyone can initiate a referral, formal agreement of the patient's family physician is required.
- Completion of our Referral Form including a list of current medications is requested.
- Assessment referrals may be initiated by:
Access to the Geriatric Mental Health Program will be through Centralized Intake.
To contact the Geriatric Mental Health Program for more information please Telephone: 1-519-667-6693 or Fax: 1-519-667-6707
Geriatric Mental Health Program is located at
London Health Sciences Centre
Commissioners Road East
London Ontario, Canada N6A 5W9
Click here for Geriatric Mental Health Referral Form