London Health Sciences Centre is committed to recognizing and celebrating physician leadership in our organization. Established to honour the leadership legacy of the late Dr. Murray Girotti, a remarkable physician, teacher and leader at LHSC, this award recognizes physicians with active service of at least twelve months who demonstrate the leadership qualities Dr. Girotti exemplified.
The Selection Committee will assess the nominations based on the following criteria:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and respect
- Demonstrates warmth and friendliness while interacting with patients, peers and colleagues
- Inspires confidence, enthusiasm and buy-in from others
The nominee has a leadership presence and displays interpersonal sensitivity.
- Actively nurtures growth and development of others
The nominee leads effectively through developing others and holding self and others accountable.
- Is respected by peers for leading or growing a change initiative
The nominee displays influence and impact, visionary leadership and a strategic orientation.
- Achieves results that improve the organization
The nominee demonstrates those leadership competencies that are required to get the job done including a service, quality and safety orientation; results orientation, building strategic partnerships; describe the reach of impact in their role (their initiatives [regional, provincial, etc.] that improve hospital or system issues).
- Motivates and enables people towards a vision
The nominee provides inspiration, clarity and direction through a compelling vision of the future.
All LHSC physicians with active service of at least twelve months are eligible for this award.