As a result of the ongoing uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the President’s Award Program will be temporarily paused for 2020. As part of the rolling nomination period, nomination packages can be submitted at any time, but will be held for review until the program resumes in 2021.
How to apply
Step 1: Print and complete the nomination form (PDF file)
Step 2: Tell the story! Complete the nomination package by providing a nominator letter plus two separate and unique additional letters of support using the specific award criteria and provide examples of why your nominee should be considered for an award. Letter templates with each award's criteria included as a fillable field are available to download as MS Word documents at the bottom of each criteria page:
- Community Service
- Living Our Core Values – How We Work Together
- Living Our Core Values – How We Serve Our Patients
- Physician Leadership
See our Tips & Hints page for helpful hints and sample letters of support for each award.
- News clips, letters of congratulations or other documents that describe the nominee can be sent along with the nomination.
- All submissions are restricted to 10 pages including the nomination form and supporting material (if any). Videos or CDs cannot be submitted.
- All nominations must be submitted in one package. Please use Microsoft Word or legible handwriting (please print) in ink.
- Nomination letters must all be unique of each other (rather than the same/similar letter signed by three different people) to assist the selection committees in assessing each candidate's nomination against the award criteria.
- If you are unsure which category to choose for your nominee, feel free to email email@example.com for guidance
- Consider an optional peer review to help ensure high quality submissions
- Please note nomination forms and supporting material will NOT be returned.
Step 3: Submit the nomination package to:
London Health Sciences Centre, Room C3-124 VH
800 Commissioners Road E. PO Box 5010
London, ON N6A 5W9
Did you remember to include the following items in your nomination package?
- Completed nomination form (including signed consent from nominee)
- Nominator letter of support
- A minimum of two (2) separate and unique, additional letters of support from colleagues/peers (Note: letters from patients cannot be solicited) to a maximum of 10 total submitted pages.
- Ensure all letters reflect the specific award category criteria. See the templates letters above with fillable fields specific to each award's criteria to help guide your letter writing.
If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.