We appreciate that you have taken the time to visit this page and interact with us on social media.
Post messages that are respectful of other individuals, no matter how strong the disagreement may be about your ideas. At London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), we are guided by the core values of respect, trust and collaboration. We ask that behavior on our social media sites are also guided by these values.
LHSC’s corporate communications and public relations team moderates all comments and reserves the right to remove your comment. We also reserve the right to block or remove access for offenders of this policy.
Comments of the following nature (and others deemed inappropriate) will be removed:
- Trolling, spamming, or postings that are of a promotional or commercial nature
- Material copied from other sources (exceptions include the use of brief quotes where the source is acknowledged)
- Personal attacks and name calling
- Inappropriate comments, including any that are threatening, obscene, profane or that contain hate speech, degrade others or are abusive
- Discriminatory comments that refer to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, political persuasion, body type, physical or mental health and/or access issues
- Libellous statements, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm a person's reputation
- Use of an offensive username or of foul language
Seek professional help when in crisis:
- LHSC’s social media accounts (profiles, pages, etc.) are not intended to provide crisis support.
If you are in crisis, we encourage you to seek professional assistance so that you can get the care you need. Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
Other medical contact information:
Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
Poison Information Line: 1-800-268-9017
Personal information and personal health information:
Be respectful of the privacy of patients, families and staff by not using names when posting comments, or provide any identifying details. You are responsible if you post any private details about yourself and your family.
Please refrain from including personal information such as your address or phone number in your comment. Please also refrain from including personal health information in your comment. Comments that contavene our patient privacy or confidentiality policies will be removed.
Patients and families – comments or concerns about your care:
Patient Experience Specialists are available to assist patients and families with access to and knowledge of their rights and responsibilities. The Patient Experience Specialists will facilitate compliments, complaints and conflicts to a reasonable outcome as a mediator between the patient/family and the health-care team. The specialists can be reached at 519-685-8500 ext. 52036 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Visit Questions, Comments or Concerns for more information.
It is inappropriate to offer medical advice or patient appointment information via the internet. In most cases, referral from a family physician is required to request an appointment with a physician at London Health Sciences Centre. Please visit the Programs and Services section of our website for details and contact information. If your inquiry is urgent, proceed to your local Emergency Department.
No advertising or solicitation of any kind.
Third Party Content:
You acknowledge and agree that LHSC is not responsible for any content or comments posted on our social media sites by a third party.
Under no circumstances is LHSC, or its representatives, liable for any damages arising from or related to use of LHSC’s social media activities. You agree to indemnify LHSC, and its representatives, and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses related to the use of LHSC’s social media activities. You acknowledge that you are personally liable for the content of your posts and the consequences thereof.