To provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic renal failure for patients in the Southwestern Ontario region (excluding Windsor/Essex).
- 665 ESRD (135 PD, 335 satellite, 50 home hemo, 145 incentre hemodialysis)
- 970 CKD
- 3 hemodialysis sites in London
- 8 hemodialysis sites in Region
- 2 clinic locations in London
- 1 peritoneal dialysis unit
- 1 home hemodialysis unit
- 1 plasmaphersis unit
Nurse to Patient Ratios:
- 1 Nurse: 15 patients – Home program
- 1 Nurse: 3 patients – Satellites
- 1 Nurse: 3 patients – Incentre hemodialysis
- 1 Nurse: 1 patient – Critical care patients
- Home programs – Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 4:00 pm, on call after hours
- Incentre hemodialysis and most satellites – combination of 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts covering 0730 – 2300 hours, on call for incentre units
Each unit tries to hire Nurses with a blend of levels of experience in terms of years and functional area. For those without renal experience we strongly suggest that the interested candidate job shadow for a day to learn about the patient population.
- Support the Nurses to implement a Professional Practice Model
We have had students successfully consolidate in our hemodialysis units.
- Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses and Technologists
- Internal website available for all staff with program policies and other useful information
- External patient information website