Pharmacists are regulated Health Care Professionals who have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (BScPhm). In the renal program, they provide expert advice on which medications are safe for people with chronic kidney disease to take, and how best to take them.
- Pharmacists work in the:
- Chronic Kidney Disease Clinics
- Kidney Transplant Clinics
- Hemodialysis Units
- Home Hemodialysis Unit
- Peritoneal Dialysis Unit
- Hospital Units
Pharmacists can help you by:
- Performing a medication history
- Assisting with drug coverage issues
- Ensuring you are taking medications that are safe and at the correct dosages in kidney disease
Ask to see your pharmacist at your next Nephrologist appointment.