There are many delicious foods that fit into the renal diet! Ask your Dietitian for more meal ideas.
Cool ‘n’ Crunchy Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)
|2 cups||cooked chicken, diced or shredded|
|1 large||hard boiled egg, chopped|
|2 tablespoons||onion, diced|
|1/4 cup||celery, diced|
|1/4 cup||low-fat mayonnaise|
|1 teaspoon||fresh lemon juice|
|To taste||black pepper|
- Dice or shred cooked chicken.
- Chop egg, onion and celery. Place in a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and black pepper. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 2 hours before serving.
- If desired, serve on bread, roll, croissant, or pita bread with green leaf lettuce.
Include 1 serving (1/2 cup) in your meal plan as:
2 unit Meat & Alternates
If you include bread (1 slice), 1 dinner roll, or 6” pita:
1 unit Grains & Starches